Which spec you find the most fun?

Havent started playing my lock, but i had most of fun in remix as destruction.
Im curious which spec you prefer in pve and which hero talent?

I normally play demo spec but this time I went affliction I am liking it a lot specifically in pvp :grin:

3 Likes

Is demo worth using in PvP? I know it’s more cast heavy, so that probably works against it, but I love that spec so much.

I’ve been demo since cata & it’s real fun right now few bugs but you feel like a master summoner.

4 Likes

I love all the specs + hero powers. its so much variety and fun.

1 Like

Demo Diabolist is so chill. Doing the same rotation you always do, but now with demonic guest appearances and empowered HOG and Shadow bolt.

4 Likes

I play Destro Lock as a Hellcaller and loving it! Just need pet aggro to be increased and fixed.

2 Likes

I’m maining Warlock for the first time, and I chose Demo. I love the fantasy of swarming my enemies with demons, and Diabolist just adds to that.

2 Likes

Yes.

Warlock has been my main alt and even primary main a few times, and I think for TWW it’s going to fall into the latter once again. Each spec has its own flavor and playstyle to it and I think that’s one of my favorite things about the class.

Destro is relatively simple, but still rewarding. Demo makes you feel like a monster with an army of imps and other pets behind you, even if it is a turret spec outside of procs. it just feels so good to get a bunch of insta demonbolt procs off before summing imps with HOG hits. But affliction? I’m a sucker for rot specs, even if it has changed a bit over the years like the other two. It just feels so rewarding to play in higher keys and raids where you can really get that ramp up time going, and in PvP it just puts a stupid grin on my face when I die and I’m still getting honor kills from DoT ticks. When it comes to hero talents I’ll have to say that I enjoy diabolist across the board more than SH, but harvester is fun as well.

1 Like

The most fun warlock spec is the one that is tuned the highest. Change my mind.

2 Likes

I’ll always enjoy Affliction the most but DoT profiles are just something I innately enjoy.

Between Demo and Destro… unless Doom has been fixed I just don’t really see the appeal to Demo. It’s not quite a Builder-Spender. It’s not quite a ramp-up spec. It’s like a roller-coaster up and down in short cycles.

while i’m enjoying the hell out of affliction (either hero spec), demo’s been surprisingly pleasant to play with soul harvester. Though with the state of our sustain, you wouldn’t catch me playing affliction on outdoor content

1 Like

Yeah having fun because aff is busted :dracthyr_lulmao:

Soul harvester demo is where is at. Diabolist while it looks amazing visually to some extent, any time the summons hit some other target, or when the fel lord decides to cast it’s cleave and miss it got my eye to twitching every now and then.

Brought back memories of whenever I casted tyrant with no target and then the summon is coded to run into melee and then begin cast. Just things that shouldn’t be happening in the 1st place.

I then decided to move to soul harvester and don’t think I’ll go back regardless of the dps meter.

Visually I take back what I said about soul harvester a while back. I like it now.

1 Like

Affliction is finally fun to play. Haven’t played it since Wrath.

Doin 3.5 million burst trash dps and like 2 mil plus sustained is just icing in these heroics. Aff baller as hell and so is Demo. Great throughput and they feel and look great.

Maining aff with Demo on the side.

1 Like

Destruction, but it doesn’t feel super good rn IMO. I want to shoot out meaty chaos bolts and abuse my strong CC kit with fear, seduction, and mortal coil to decimate people, not cosplay as a fire mage and run around jumping and spamming conflagrate / shadowburn / throw out instant casts.

In the meantime I’ve taken my Warlock Affliction. It’s “fun” in the sense that hey, I win a lot now and I like winning, but the gameplay isn’t engaging or enjoyable for me.

1 Like

You must be getting groups where the other dps are pulling 200-400k.

Our thane warrior pulls 1-1.5 mil on pulls (the other front loaded dps even more), and you can hardly get seed off before the packs are dead lol.

1 Like

Demo is my favorite spec. Not just for warlock or even WoW, but rather the most fun I have ever had playing an mmo. It’s extremely satisfying to see an army of demons at my back after wiping out a group, and everything flows well together.

Admittedly, it is not perfect. I miss the loads of demon core procs that got gutted recently, and it is still absurd that we don’t have meta anymore. But still, there is no other spec like it and I find myself switching back to it over and over. Super jealous of the saytr transformation that hellcaller gets, tho.

1 Like

Ive been rocking destro since the buff and it feels pretty good.

Diabolist with chain procs just feels wild and Shadowburn is very strong.

Still pulls great dmg in the heroics I’ve been rocking and solos open world smooth as butter.

I think I’m a big fan of SH Aff in pvp though.

1 Like

I’ve been bouncing between all 3 specs and all of their hero specs but I think I’m finally settling into favorites now.

Now, while visually nothing beats diabolist and I love how often the demons are up, I have to say that I’d rank them like this in terms of what I find myself playing most often.

1. Hellcaller destro. - It just feels smooth and the visual effect of malevolence is great, though I find it kind of ironic that we got psuedo-meta visuals back and they were given to everyone but demo.
  2. Soul harvester Affliction - The two soul harvesters are neck and neck for me, but affliction wins out slightly because machine gunning nightfall procs is just fun.
  3. Soul Harvester Demo
  4. Diabolist Destro - Again, the two diabolists feel pretty neck and neck to me, but destro pulls ahead slightly because it has the extra demon in the overfiend and the splitting infernal.
  5. Diabolist Demo
  6. Hellcaller Affliction - You’d think I’d rate this higher given my other hellcaller opinion but no. Adding malevolence to afflictions already very keybind heavy kit just makes it feel bad to play for me. Maybe if some of the extra spells affliction needs to pick up from the talent tree were upgrades instead of seperate abilities it would feel fine, but as it, hellcaller on aff just makes it feel like a bloated paino class to me, but that’s cool if that’s your thing.
1 Like