Which spec benefits most from Quick Strike?

I was playing a priest when I saw the Quick Strike Tinker Gem and I immediately wanted to try it on a melee toon. I’ve narrowed it down to a few specs, but I’m hoping people can provide the right information for me to make a choice.

Which spec would benefit (however you define it) from the Quick Strike gem?

Arms warrior

2 Likes

Really? More so than Fury? Alright, well that’s good to know.

Havoc DH does well with this.

3 Likes

Interesting. I dont have a DH capped. Thanks.

Doesn’t work for DKs.

1 Like

Just curious, how come?

It’s busted. It’s supposed to work.

For some reason it only works off of Death Strike.

Well thats [explative deleted]

4 Likes

Rogues and warriors, especially arms and sin if you add it with enkindle and meteor storm, oh boy.

Sin over outlaw? Really? I know nothing about Rogues so ill take your word for it but that surprises me.

Sin if you have more than 200% mastery then you can play with one hand and still be top 5 in the damage meter.

Monk (both Brew and Wind) - both have things that proc from basics
Shaman (Enhancement) - Windfury attacks proc from basics, and more windfury is more win
Warrior (all specs) - More basics = More rage = more everything else. Special note for Prot: Devastator exists.
DH (Havoc) - See Prot above but Demon Blades
Druid (Guardian and Feral) - Bears have Tooth and Claw while cats have Omen of Clarity
Hunter (Survival) - Lunge
Paladin (Ret) - A slew of things that build into making basics better

Arcane mage and Resto druid clearly

1 Like

Unless haste reduces its cooldown, it seems like garbage, even on paper.

2 Likes

The 10s cooldown makes it seem pretty worthless compared to most other tinkers, but I admit I haven’t actually looked into what’s recommended in Remix. I’ve just been using gems based on my gut feeling.

4 Likes

It felt pretty good when I was playing warrior. Instantly fills rage bar

Hey now, if you aren’t kitty-weaving are you really playing resto? xD

It was probably the tinker that made the biggest difference while leveling my warrior as arms. Melee is also a significant portion of your damage at low levels, so it’s almost like a one shot proc at certain levels.

At cap it gets overshadowed because you’ll have enough haste and crit to be swimming in rage anyway. Can sub it out then.

1 Like