Which Path Did You Take?

Orcs are the very image of the Horde. Garrosh would be a damn good Warchief, and Saurfang at his side would be unbeatable.

But I also like trolls, tauren and Goblins, which are actually part of it. :sweat_smile:

Alternatively, I also like the site. Honor is an important part of the Horde in my opinion, and as a non-orc Warchief, Vol’jin was great but deserved more attention.

I frankly do not care very much what others say or think of me. And I dare say many who chose Sylvanas feel the same.

A lot of folks chose her path out of spite towards the obvious story Blizz was shoveling down our throats. They certainly could not care less about animosity or hate for their choice - that is what drove their choice to begin with.

Let us not pretend that Sylvanas fans were treated with respect among the general Playerbase until BfA. Heck, even among the Horde Playerbase. The same people making derisive comments post BfA were making derisive comments about “grey boobs” and “simps for Sylvie” since at least wrath.

5 Likes

she actually was. They should have paid Garrosh a little more attention than the pesky Sylvanas.

None of the above; I went with what I call “Path of Avoidance.” I stayed in Pandaria helping the locals and completely ignored the whole Garrosh thing. Then when Blizzard decided that was unacceptable and gated a bunch of nice stuff behind finishing the war campaign in BfA, I just fished in Zandalar and mained Alliance for that expansion.

To be fair, the fact that I have an Alliance raiding group helped with the latter decision. But I would have finished the war campaign in order to make a Zandalari if it weren’t so aggressively unfun. Call it the Meldaea path:

2 Likes

Literally what did you expect after she ordered an outright genocide? They made it very clear from the beginning she was a villain with her evil turned up to MAXIMUM.

I’ll never understand how so many people are shocked at Sylvanas doing terrible things.

2 Likes

No one was shocked she did terrible things, that’s her whole character. Doing terrible things for pragamatic reasons was entirely her shtick. What upset me is after years of telling us she does what she does for morally grey self serving reasons, they made her so dumb, and her whole arc worthless for the sake of a C Tier villain.

1 Like

One thing is for certain, it wasn’t for some romanticized casus belli about ‘saving their children’s children in 100+ years’.

Hell, Warcrimes straight up confirmed she could not care less about orphaning her own nephews in order to have Vereesa rule the Forsaken at her side, let alone the children of people she doesn’t know or care about.

The last thing she cares about are the dam kids.

And that’s just, like, a whole other problem.

It absolutely SHOULD be perceived as evil from their perspective. To them it’s literally to be everything they hated, everything they were initially accused of, the cause of their persecution, even amongst their allies.

It’s proving Garrosh right, it’s proving the Scarlets right, it’s proving the Alliance right, It’s proving to everyone that they are the very monsters that the ‘ignorant’ and ‘bigoted’ accuse them of being.

It should be a massive moral quandary for them to inflict unto countless people the very same trauma and suffering which they personally struggled to make peace with.

This shouldn’t be perceivable as a ‘matter of perspective’ or ‘bias’ this should be perceived as unequivocally wrong by everyone on the planet including the Forsaken themselves, because it is.

It is the notion of of basically becoming their abusers, a Scourge with a different face, and forcing an objectively cursed state of existence that they themselves were tragic victims of upon other people.

4 Likes

So that’s that then, the Forsaken and thier playerbase don’t deserve to exist in World of Warcraft?

1 Like

Well when you have a Forsaken thats no better than the Scourge and you have a host of stories and villains that we are told to destroy because they do evil things it really becomes hard to justify why the forsaken can continue with their evils but not others.

All these things won’t be an issue if they just made the Horde and their races the evil villain faction who eat babies and plan to take over the world every episode.

I believe everyone is entitled to evil, but I do wish the Forsaken could manage the depth of a pond once in a while in the doing. The ingredients are all there.

2 Likes

This is why it’s a crime that night elves were involved at all in Shadowlands, and the Forsaken weren’t. The Forsaken should’ve made legitimate inroads with Maldraxxus, with them adopting the Primus as their Literal God™ and him adopting them as their people.

That way, whence a Forsaken dies it might take them a while but they can retrieve that forsaken’s soul and bring them back. They aren’t damning or dooming new people. They’re just, as a people, inevitable. If you don’t kill every forsaken in one go, they would eventually bring eachother back.

"But Treng, Horde characters need to permanently die because they are not Alliance characters."

Have a Warlock or a Death Knight kill the story character.
They trap souls.
If a soul doesn’t return to the Shadowlands, the Primus can’t aid in their restoration to a new corpse.

it was a rhetorical question, dumby.

1 Like

That was plainly obvious, but was nipped by the legitimate concern of which is: Legitimate fans of Forsaken who actually agree that free will is important would never approve of reviving someone that hadn’t approved of it before they died.

This solves that issue. The Forsaken are a near never-ending force. Sometimes they might get soul trapped, but otherwise they return in time.

Objection! gatekeeping.

These are two separate groups that can be one whole group.

what you are saying is there is only one legitimate way to be a Forsaken fan… as someone who is not a Forsaken fan yourself. Who are you to decide who is and who isn’t a legitimate Forsaken fan?

2 Likes

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

How about you post something that makes sense?

That usually requires a grayish mass called a brain and a few active brain cells. But, alas, here we are. :wolf:

1 Like

Plenty of people were shocked that it was Sylvanas who burned the tree, so many people clinging to the promotional artwork and believing Sylvanas was shocked at what she was seeing rather than being the cause.

1 Like