Which Path Did You Take?

If i recall, didn’t you mention earlier victim complexes in this chat, about Alliance people? Is it not hypocritical to essentially pull the same thing. Especially since acknowledging someones bias towards Sylvannas is less offensive than calling people morons…

2 Likes

they don’t realize with every reply they are proving me right in this thread. this thread started as innocent question about which path we chose and people who a]were honest and talked about why they chose to follow who they followed. I said it’s hard for people to talk about choosing to follow Sylvanas due to the hate people receive on a daily basis mostly by Alliance posters. I brought up Alex Afrasabi and his sexism that he wrote into this story.

Valeclaw is proving my point.

2 Likes

I did. Because, some posters on here, think they speak for all alliance posters. I hate people talking about getting gilneas back still makes the alliance victims because the horde wasn’t wiped off the map.

Some y’all just want to be victims. Gives ya something to complain about

You looked at a conversation of why something doesn’t make consistent sense, and essentially said anyone who disagrees with you has an ego problem. You looked at people bringing up Afraisiabi’s sexism in the writing and called it sexism when you didn’t agree that other parts were just as sexist.

2 Likes

maybe it’s not the lore or the cinematic but your own interpretation.

have you thought about that?

Have you thought that maybe you are jumping to conslusions, making assumptions, filling in missing context and then reacting to your own misunderstandings?

Think on that.

So much energy wasted to convince a codependent duo constantly cry bully and victimize themselves to convince themselves the world and everyone is out to get them.

“I am not wrong! Its a conspiracy because of how cool I am!”

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

It’s creepy and really weird how obessed you are with me and Ren. Get off the internet and make a few friends

2 Likes

aww smallz are you jelly I have a friend?

Go make your own friends.

try being nicer!

this sounds like only something a loner would complain about. “Look at her! she’s got friends! what B-”

1 Like

Its fun when they prove my point without me doing anything :rofl:

Anyway off to AoE4 you boys have fun.

1 Like

Smallz….the only person who doesn’t make a point…and laughs because he doesn’t understand that he has no point

1 Like

Can you please cite me anytime, when Sylvannas was fighting Malfurion, that his ability to suck people’s souls into wood came up. Or his ability to kill people through the dream, something which can only be perceived by people with Spectral Sight or an equivalent, such as Xavius replacing his eyes with magic gems. This is not my interpretation- this is the explicit abilities of Malfurion Stormrage, as shown in the War of the Ancients novels.

Peoples interpretation that it makes no sense, is an interpretation, just like how yours is that it does. Your interpretation is not inherently superior to anyone elses- people discussing their opinions is not an attack upon yours. However, their justifications have been citing the feats and abilities of these characters, that were not acknowledged in this writing, which is WHY it is a discussion about “this doesn’t make sense” and NOT “this is what happened.”

What is not for interpretation, are the facts. Facts such as the abilities characters have demonstrated, which is what Zerde and Amadis were bringing up over the last 6 hours, to justify their interpretation on why something makes no sense.

The reason im bringing these Malfurion feats up, is because they are undeniably facts, because they were written and codified into the lore. Thus, if this is not referenced, then it is a FACT that it was not taken into consideration when writing the lore. Which is why, for example, I have asked you to source a moment in the writing that acknowledged that these were considered: because that is the only real way to refute the point.

So when you say “your tree burned, thats the lore” and I point out that blizz didn’t consider these instances of lore (off the top of my head, how a weakened Nordrassil survived Archimonde exploding into a mountain sized firebomb directly on top of it with only surface level damage to the tree), it is not saying the tree did not burn. It is pointing out that the conclusion does not seem to make sense, because of these other things that happened.

Nobody is denying what the writers wrote- they’re pointing out that based on more writing, that specific instance didn’t make sense. That is not a personal attack on you.

3 Likes

You…do understand how storytelling works right? A character is only as powerful as a particular scene needs them to be. :wolf:

1 Like

You are getting close to understanding what Amadis and Zerde were talking about! They were saying the plot makes no sense BECAUSE of this. If you think that’s a good part of warcraft lore, by all means, you like what you like. They’re allowed not to and point out when it doesn’t make sense, thats not an attack on you or Ren.

However, when the lore actually explicitly says how powerful like Malfurion are in the narrative itself, then the plot isn’t just breaking ‘power consistency’ it’s breaking it’s own narrative- which is something people should be allowed to point out as not making sense, because thats within forum etiquette.

2 Likes

That’s been a thing in literature for literal centuries though…Alleria and co being caught off guard doesn’t mean she’s weak. She literally got caught off guard and they were all barely saved by Jaina.

Saying it makes no sense is just them crying because they want alliance leaders to be gods everytime they show up is just dumb

2 Likes

okay but if we are talking about lore, every single person who knew Sylvanas calls her a brilliant strategist. She retreats a lot, but she also knows how to plan a battle, set a trap and she follows through with all of her plans, she wins all the time.

It’s not a lore stretch that she planned to lure the Alliance to her city all angry and distracted because she destroyed one of thier cities and they are still reeling from that loss, that she would out think and outplay them by doing what they didn’t see coming.

she’s a brilliant strategist and this was a brilliant plan, and a trap that would have worked had jaina not shown up with her specific skillset and power level.

2 Likes

That sounds like hypothetical wishy washy gobbledygook that is an attempt to ignore the canon lore, in order push some head canon power fantasy.

No. You are jumping to conclusions.

Malfurion could have been tired. He could have been distracted with the chaos. He is older and feeling his age. It could be many things. It does not have to be your way simply because you say it is so.

Same with the Jaina/Alleria discussion. People want to ignore actual events and live in their hypotheticals.

2 Likes

Good ol’ Curse. Coming in to smack sense into people :stuck_out_tongue: :wolf:

2 Likes

Crying back “this is what happened” doesn’t refute the point that it makes no sense. Storytelling is NOT the same as it was years upon years ago. People aren’t denying “the plot makes someone as strong as they need.” Stan Lee himself even once said, the person who wins a fight is who the author wants, for the plot. However, when it’s something extremely noticeable, the story feels forced, because some level of continuity is expected in the writing- which isn’t something you can reject just by saying “it’s always been inconsistent,” due to the fact that blizz actually has shown they understand consistency is a source of valid criticism. Nor is this actually a new thing- in fact, Metzen himself apologized for lore inconsistency in TBC. https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Metzen_on_lore Blizzard understands people want consistency, and by apologizing before, it legitimizes anyone who wants to criticize their stories inconsistencies. Which is what they’re doing. They’re criticizing that the plot they wanted only worked by forcing outcomes that don’t make sense, such as power.

Beyond that, Warcraft and many other fantasy series have built in things to allow people to more easily be however strong they need. Like when Anime Characters get determination boosts from willpower- something we know they wrote into the abilities of the Holy Light or… actually, explicitly Druids like Malfurion himself. The phenomenon is something Goldrinn himself embodies, this primal ability to grow stronger and such. So by blizzards own established writing, they understand that such ‘willpower’ boosts typically require something to justify them, and they’ve made many of those justifications in the writing.

I mean no disrespect with this, but it is simply not true that this is only about Sylvannas. People did complain at how absurd the writers saying the pantheon of death were “Power Level: Titan + +” because it felt forced and made no sense. This is that exact same logic.

1 Like

Sure it does. Because this is the LORE FORUMS. We’re here to discuss the actual events that happened. Not what you WANT to happen or what you think SHOULD happen.

2 Likes

In hingsight maybe the Burning ot Tedrassil happened because Alliance fans, and Nelf fans need to realize that they are not invicible or infalliable. Knaak did the NE’s just an injustice by making them “special” within the lore so that they never loose, and since Legion it was important to show them they are mortal now.

and that’s why Malfurian wasn’t ‘godlike’, he’s not a God, he’s just an old druid.

2 Likes