Which One Is The Worst WQ Ever?

And why is it “The Spider on the Wall?”

28 Likes

I’m still scarred by shooting seagulls and crabs in bfa.

17 Likes

I tried Spider on the Wall once, thought “this is stupid” and never did it again.

12 Likes

I don’t find that one to be too bad. The only thing I don’t like is having to get out of that area once you get the third piece lol!

Personally, I don’t care for many of the quests in Bastion. It might be easier to list the few I do like.

4 Likes

Pupa Trooper!

5 Likes

The Forsworn and scroll quest in Bastion is awful too.

7 Likes

The worst ones are the night fae ones where you have to shoot down the bugs.

Shooting endlessly at bugs and them being killed by either other players or npcs is very, very annoying and stupid.

19 Likes

The dredger racing one is heinous.

EDIT : I thought we were just talking Shadowlands. Worst WQ ever is the horse one in Tiragarde Sound. Hands down the worst quest ever created.

23 Likes

The house of the chosen in general isn’t all that fun ive noticed. It fits the theme of maldraxxus to have to fight every step of the way there but dang if it isn’t a pain to run through 3 armies to fight a world boss, do that elite quest, and open the chest.

5 Likes

A few of those Kirin Tor flying quests in Legion were rage-quit-worthy.

I remember that they nerfed/retooled them early on, but nothing really helped until flying was released. I just avoided them like the, well, like the plague until then.

3 Likes
3 Likes

You mean the jousting quest where you have to reach a certain score? Yep, I didn’t care for that one either. I did score 150, but never came close to 300. I gave up on it.

10 Likes

any with more than one stage

11 Likes

I don’t recall the name of it but it was in BFA on a boat. Blizzard had to kill it because the mobs on the boat respawned almost immediately after they were killed so you were basically a fresh 120 trying to kill cluttered sailors below deck to get to the captain. Only it was impossible because you killed them and they came right back and killed you.

2 Likes

There is only one which I super-actively avoided. It was in Legion where you had to kill the burrowing rock worm things in a cave in Aszuna by the blue dragons to get something to plug the holes the worms were coming out from… The thing was a relatively low drop and when you were holding the rock or whatever it was trying to walk over to plug the holes, you walked REAAAAAAAALLY SLOOOOOOOWLY… It was so annoying, I never did it a second time.

I’m probably misremembering some of it since I never did it. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I think they are all bad, they are worse than standard fare and are boring/uninteresting.

But my answer is always, whichever one offers the worst reward. Most rewards are awful and useless (anima and off-spec conduits or a pittance of gold)

I will not do a WQ if the effort-to-reward ratio is off.

9 Likes

This.

So much this.

Definitely that stupid horse game.

Second place is the Kyrian WQ labeled chores.

4 Likes

The Spider on the Wall has a lot of bad rep for little reason. The only bad thing about it is the distance we need to walk. It’s just a silly little stealth mission, but it takes time to complete.

I remember one where I told myself once is enough. Can’t recall it’s name. It’s in Bastion, and we’re required to kill trash around memory modules I believe. Well at the time that trash was really overpowered. Took forever and a few deaths.

The Nazjatar nightmare of a quest to rescue an Octopus named Bubbles(?). Bouncing and falling into a densely packed area of mobs or just falling to your death. Did it once and it went into the “OFN” category no matter the reward.

-H

14 Likes