Which of your characters got the best and worst reception?

My best walkup character was a human male Paladin. He got approached all the time by goofy types - HMPs being a classically trollable sort - but since he had a sense of humor and rolled with it, we’d just have a weird, fun time.

1 Like

Holy Male Paladin?

Human Male Paladin.

That was my initial guess.

Drat. But, thank you.

Male Human Paladin with no back story beside hes a Knight and not a paladin get some reception.

Male Night elf Hunter with little back story and a cute pet gets no reception.

I’m shy and don’t uselessly walk up to people but I do like walk ups. Once on my Paladin I did follow a small group of rpers “was bored” and get sucked into there rp for a very small bit. That was fun. But idk, I think night elf get a bad rep but then again I rare see then at blue recluse “have not been to blue recluse in a few weeks”
Do night elf have a new place they rp now or am I alone, lol?

Ishnu’alah Rosenoa!

Night elf roleplay is somewhat all over the place. A few groups roleplay in Feralas out of Feathermoon Stronghold. Others RP in Val’sharah, Azsuna, Winterspring and Ashenvale. The Silver Circle posts all of their events on their guild website calendar, for all to see. Anyone interested in night elf RP is welcome to join or spectate those events regardless of whether your character is a night elf or not. If you want to get your hunter out there a little more, you’re welcome to swing by and join us anytime :purple_heart:

There is also a night elf Discord, if you’re interested in a place to connect with other night elf players.

A few other night elf or kaldorei-centric groups I recommend looking into are:

• Keepers of the Moon
  • Moonglaive Sentinels (f/k/a Sentinel)
  • Starfall Sentinels
  • Kalimdor Collective
  • Falah’dure
  • Moonshroud Covenant
  • Jai’alator’s Vigil (f/k/a Wings of Kalimdor)

My best received character is hard to pick out. I think it would have to be Feyawen, but not because of anything particularly interesting about her. Rather, it’s because she’s a character that’s interested in learning about other characters and assisting other characters however she can. This results in people seeking her opinion for things, and occasionally means I put her own story and development on the back-burner. But she is enjoyable to roleplay nonetheless.

My worst received character is my highborne alternative, Mythera Darkthorn. She was only 5 when she and her father went into exile and she spent most of her life in poverty in the jungles of Feralas. But, because she is highborne, many characters approach her and mistake her abrasive personality for the cliche haughtiness and arrogance of an old highborne. It’s honestly a dynamic I love, particularly when people have the opportunity to peel back her layers and really get to know who she really is.

4 Likes

while this is an interesting question, it’s hard to tell for me as i hardly ever do random walk up rp; i mostly stick to my friends but, i’d say the best reception so far has been my warlock Maiby

from playing ideas back and forth with friends, there’s so many concepts i could pour into this character and overload him: give him a san’layn aesthetic, to be more nefarious, then again more a benefactor, the devil himself…you name it, enough things to have a 2nd fully-fledged character…which i’ll eventually do…probably coughs

as for a character that was received worst?
i haven’t received any critique but, then again i’m my own worst critic; that being said…it’s the ideas i’m first enamoured with, and then fall out of love with, the chars i’ve had for years (cough hunter, paladin, and OG DK cough) that i couldn’t commit to a concept…are what i’d consider ‘the worst’ with myself

…anyone have a cough drop for me? :pleading_face:

2 Likes

Have some honeymint tea, Keyas :tea: :honey_pot:

Baitan is my first ever ‘okay, I’m gonna RP for realsies’ character, and I have had some great experiences with him. I had a moment where I just kinda fell into a pit, and I just kinda lost it.

I don’t mean to be a buzz kill. I am sorry.

1 Like

My beloved Undeads, in both areas…

I still love to stealth campfire Worgen and Nelfs…

1 Like

Akarrosh actually got an “okay” reception, but the person that interacted with him the most? Vanished.

But, the BEST I got was my female dwarf rogue… which I stopped playing because of the sort of reception I got.

Worst reception was my male human wizard. Had a few RPs with someone playing his mentor who was REALLY terrible to him (which I was cool with. It was interesting and enjoyable.) When I RP’d the effects of the horrible things he went through, people actually threatened violence on him lol. IIRC, it actually got down to IRL name calling for some reason…?

2 Likes

O.O

/10 char

2 Likes

My characters usually just get ignored. :woman_shrugging:

Best recieved character is a mix between my DH (Shalaras) and Korlith here. Shala’s an a**hole who enjoys antagonizing, being sarcastic, and most douchebaggery to others for the sake of entertainment, and people like apparently how I can blend comedy w/ serious stuff if they actually get into crap with him. Kor’s the Naieve opposite who’s more akin to an elven robot.

Worst reception would be my old velf warrior, who was a voidling that possessed a too-weak void elf. People didn’t like the idea of a possessed dude walking around. :<

Whistles innocently

2 Likes

A character that I didn’t even expect to get such a warm reception in WRA was my orc mage. He’s still all about blood and thunder and being an orc, and he’s still scrapped with his kin numerous times, even though he gets his butt kicked every time when it comes to physical combat. He’s also a very, very flamboyant character, something which I think very few people choose to do based off of what I’ve seen. He’s a character that I never would have thought WRA would have liked, but I’ve gotten so many whispers from people telling me how much they like his character that it seems to be clearly untrue. as I was one of the people that had all their alliance chars on MG and horde on WRA before they uncapped the servers. I’m still a MG player at heart, but I’m going to leave him on WRA because people seem to like what he’s got going on.

I wish I could post on him here but my character select screen on the forums here bugs out all the time ;-;

If I ever had a character with a bad reception I’d never know it, as I’ve never received criticism to that extent. I wish people would though, because I’m not that great with the lore and I’m almost certain there’s some inaccuracies with how I write my characters.

1 Like

My best received character was probably my Worgen Hunter, Vergil Thompson. He was kind of a mix of Dean Winchester from Supernatural and Ricky from Trailer Park Boys. A big, dumb, working-class criminal obsessed with hamburgers, blowin’ sh_t up, gettin’ drunk, women, and killin’ ugly monsters in order to get rich. (He never got rich.) He was a fun character and really comedic but also wasnt meant to totally be a joke as he had a dark back story and was so brash and crude as a defensive mechanism because deep down he was very insecure about how uneducated he was.

I’ve never had a poorly received character per se. But I’ve had a lot that i think ill like but end up not being able to RP well or think of walk-ups on so I just abandon them.

I think best received would have to be my human warrior. At the time when I made her, I wanted to go for this sort of beast hunter vibe, which led to a lot of fun roleplays with people who wanted to go hunt monsters and the like. Stopped playing her a little while back, but I might bring her back at some point.

Poorly received though… man, I have this Grimtotem seer I play as a bard. Very haughty, arrogant and snooty, but easy to fluster. Think if a peacock reincarnated as a tauren, and boy oh boy did it become a hassle to play him while in guilds. There’s always at least one person who takes the arrogance to heart and develops an OOC vendetta ._.

This guy here’s a bit middle of the road. Also a Grimtotem, but less pompous. Slightly less. Just…loud. Very loud. Have had mixed reception with him, but I still like him tons :>

1 Like

That happened to one of my Goblins once, the last time I RPed her. Apparently people took her big nose as like, the one defining factor of her character and that was all that ever happened. The last ‘interaction’ was someone rp walking up to me, cracking a joke oocly about my characters nose then running off. I deleted the character shortly thereafter.

1 Like

Best reception I got was for my Amani Troll named Keurig. For some reason people from MG have even followed me in stealth as I was roleplaying solely because of the name and gimmick factor. It’s been a blast roleplaying with a bunch of people with dispositions ranging from jovial/amiable to downright antagonistic.

Best received: Human male DK whose backstory was that he was a sheltered 14 year old raised into his 50 year old uncle’s corpse. He had a thing for eating cats. What he wanted, I think, was a pet but somehow they always wound up as midnight snacks he didn’t need. I don’t know why, but this worked for people.

Worst received: Belf male Rogue. Self-explanatory without any need to outline the characterization.