Which covenant is best for sub rogue?

What is best for PvE? What is best for PvP?

I am split between Necrolords, Nightfae and Venthyr…

Necro has a good class ability and has a nice shield for PvP, and stun resistance.

Nightfae on the other hand has also nice class ability that synergizes with legendary that gives 5sec 100% crit after ending stealth. Its good for that burst opening in PVP. And if they pop cds to survive you get back to stealth for free. But their covenant ability is kinda meh.

Now Venthyr has a good PvP class ability, especially since it steals the heals and heals you. Not just reducing their healing. But door of shadows is kinda meh for Sub since we already have enough mobility.

Most likely its gonna be Necro or Venthyr but i want to hear what you are saying?

I did not mention Kyrians coz i very much dont like how they look. They have to be best by a huge margin for me to even consider them xD

im going necro i mean bone spike is solid even with a nerf. and out of all the other the only second ability that sub can use is the shield. its already a mobile class so the door thing and fox don’t help much

Well covenants are still being tuned so it can change pretty quick. Right now necro is the best for all specs both pve and pvp.

2 Likes

necrlord is the best for all 3 specs.
I want slaughter to replace ambush/shadowstrike.
here’s hoping real changes come before it is too late >_<

Ion said in a post recently said (about 10 days ago) that they are aware that everyone is saying necrolord bone spike is far superior to the other rogue options and they will be looking into balancing that. So examples like that are what they want to balance.
But im doubtful things will change before launch. Not much time left now.
I really want to pick nightfae because I really like the sound of the extra vanish, just torn between player power and theme preferences.

1 Like

real changes ? do you have any idea how much sub rogue deserves a good dps spot ? so its op for a bit , your a dk youll be fine lol, sub rogues deserve love to ,

Yeah, the extra Vanish sounds really appealing, but Bone Spike is just too good. The spec feels a lot better with it, specially in M+.

I meant changes for covenants bro.
My main is a rogue btwand sub still needs work. Looks at enveloping shadows for instance

I think he’s talking about buffs to the weak covenants and not nerfs to sub.

Hoping that the changes look something like:

Sepsis - Instead of vanishing you automatically, button “rolls over” to become a vanish after dot runs it’s course (Velf racial has a similar roll over / use-button-again function for teleport). This keeps it useful in PvE where you don’t want to solo reset mobs and gives more tactical control to it’s use in PvP.

Slaughter - Cost’s 40 energy, gets a 25yrd teleport, replaces shadowstrike/ambush but keeps ambushes damage. This fixes it not working with weaponmaster and akaris. It makes it an explicit improvement over Ambush (lower energy, has shadowstrike’s teleport) and Shadowstrike (higher damage).

Kyrian - Anima charges 2 combo points between 2 and 4.

4 Likes

I really like your ideas. Especially the sepesis one.

Yeah it’s unfortunate but simply nerfing necro won’t change anything. Theirs serious design flaws in some of these covenants.

I mentioned it another thread but for example Kyrian… Even if it was worth 20 combo points it still wouldn’t be as good a necro. And that’s not cause necro is SO AMAZING but rather the design of the ability is just so terrible for Kyrian.

I don’t have beta so not sure if anything has changed but last I heard we still didn’t even know if Slaughter was suppose to replace deadly poison or add to it. Either way I find it lackluster myself but at least design wise it “can” work. Some of our stuff though just fundamentally is flawed design.

Long story short I hope necro stays the strongest simply because it’s the most well designed ability and many others are trash design that doesn’t work or in Venthyr case I just find it boring but it at least design wise works.

2 Likes

Necro is the only thing worth anything.

Nightfae is way too easy to spot and Venthyr is trash.

Last build they specifically mentioned that Slaughter Poison is a “stronger” Deadly Poison, so it replaces it.

For what it’s worth, Nahj was testing Night Fae on stream yesterday with the Vanish legendary that reduces the cd of your abilities by 15s, and he was loving it. The synergy between Sepsis Vanish, normal Vanish, and the legendary is pretty insane in PvP.

Necro is best overall for the 3 right now. Venthyr looks strong for sub possibly BiS with maxed out conduits

That is good news as variety is sorely needed with covenants. Because once Necrolord Bone Spike is nerfed it is looking like systemlands:venthyr. :100:

yesterday necro

today it might be venthyr

2 Likes

Not even close. The damage is super low, and the mastery bonus is trash since it’s not additive it’s multiplicative based on current mastery rating. Many people are saying it looks better to just leave the basic effect on for the full 45 seconds for the extra procs and not even deactivate it for what amounts to such a low boost to mastery.

Tooltip values seem to read that flagellation does about as much damage per 5 CP spent as 1 tick of bone spike. Even with Deeper Daggers I have a hard time imagining this will pull ahead of bone spike in anything except potentially a long single target only fight. Not to mention that it may not even do that since you can’t possibly maintain 100% uptime on the procs. It’s only up a maximum of 45 out of every 70 seconds.

If the mastery becomes a flat amount and the dmg of flagellation is buffed some it may be useful.

As it stands bonespike is too good in ALL areas

2 Likes

I’m going for Venthyr myself.