Where would you be if not for video games?

Let’s say video games never got popular. Or wow has shut down. Or life threw you a curve ball and now you cannot play anymore. What would you be doing instead of playing wow?
Would your life be dramatically different?

Me I think I would be a fitness nut. I would replace coffee and cigarettes with protein shakes. My hours of grinding in Korthia would be spent on a bench press or cycling around town. I would be healthier, but I think I’d have an itch that only WoW could scratch.

What about you?

1 Like

Playing IRL sports.

I’m pretty sure I’d just waste my time with something else equally unproductive.

6 Likes

Probably playing more D&D or getting more work out.

Probably not the homeless shelter.

Without going into too much detail… probably dead

Doubt it… Video Games are a diversion and hobby. They don’t dictate the direction of my life.

2 Likes

Drink booze and yell at all the people making noise outside.

Yadi yadi yada… dead.

Huh? I dont get it

Sometimes the details are what make the story haha.
But I get it, it can be personal.

More writing and art.

Its just you can get banned if you talk too dark here.

3 Likes

Yeah, its been said, but without getting too dark, probably in a hole in the ground.

Hard to tell really.

My high school years, when I first picked up WoW and started gaming heavily, were spent in a tiny dead one-stoplight town. While I can’t say for certain I think I probably would’ve gotten into a fair deal more trouble. But then again, games were one of the things my high school social circle bonded with, so I might’ve just ended up being a lot more bored and alone – even without games I would’ve been nerdy and not the slightest shred athletic which greatly limits the range of outcomes.

WoW ate a lot of the time I should’ve been spending on studying in both high school and college, so I think I would’ve done better on both of those, but it probably would’ve been a wash because the degree I was going for nigh-pointless and I ended up in a well-paid programming job even without good school performance, so :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Probably be addicted to alcohol and have a bunch of kids I can’t afford.

Hole in the ground. Video games helped get me through some of the darker times of my childhood by keeping my mind off things or letting me vent in a healthy manner.

Without them I’d easily be dead.

CEO of Marvel Comics or my own indy studio.

Bored. Very, very bored.