Where is the news about classic?

You are pouring tons about normal wow and some about bc so what about classic?

15 Likes

Gotta love the complete silence since the fresh announcement. If they don’t wanna say anything about fresh at the least they could give an update about merging era servers…

7 Likes

what do you want to change about classic?

there is no news. this is a museum piece. play the game or dont.

1 Like

this isn’t about change. this is any news whatsoever. Even just a new plain old #nochanges server like we just had. but there has been 0 news. they just said they will do it.

2 Likes

What was stated was, “We’re also working on something for WoW Classic players who’ve told us they’d like a chance at a fresh start, and will be sharing more on our plans soon.”

3 Likes

Yes. that was almost 3 weeks ago.

1 Like

Except for a vague comment, stating that they would say something soon.

Mhmm.

Are you blind? I said they announced it. That was all and nothing else whatsoever after it.

Are you asking me? No, I am not.

Hi Blizzard, answer the question pls.
Fresh Vanilla when ?

9 Likes

I’m hoping their vague Fresh option means Fresh realms, but at this point I’m not sure.

Probably my disappointment with Blizz speaking.

2 Likes

if they answered this, it’d negatively impact their finances.

All I know is they’ve been updating the PTR client to a new version about every 2-3 days for the past couple weeks. So they are working on something. No notes or communication though. Kind of disturbing.

1 Like

Many of us DON’T want to ‘change Classic’ we in fact just want a FOREVER server “Fresh” lvl 1 launch. (Do NOT send us to TBC; do NOT do a bunch of changes or Classic +; Just make a new server that we can ALL GO TO AND PLAY WITH LEVEL PLAYING FIELD and NO BOTs!)

3 Likes

wont you just quit when it’s Day 2 and you wake up to realize you’re not the top dog on the server anymore?

1 Like

This is what I personally want. If they try and shove some half baked Classic /retail mix with pet battles and Pandaren Death Knights… I’m out.

Looking at it from a corporate perspective; bliz/activision have made many oopsies lately and they are in my opinion waiting for YOU and me the players to “tell them what to make” in the Classic Fresh Start launch. Part of the reason it’s so important to upvote comments that you agree with is simply to show the admins who read forums and listen to streamers feed back what YOU the player are willing to play. As a company they will need to skillfully navigate this angry mob… I want answers “Soon” too but if it takes more time to do what’s RIGHT!? then I’d say that’s worth a bit of a wait.

I’d rather them take time and get it right than do another knee jerk ‘hotfix’ that makes things worse.

I quit last time because of right click reporting abuse (with no appeal process) in cross server Battlegrounds (what happened to #nochanges?) and the massive merging and locking of servers from people doing server transfers. I PAID to move to a very nice slightly Alliance favored community only to have 2,000 Horde players get dumped into the peaceful small server (30% of the server increase) and they all got shoved there for FREE to destroy my well researched calculated move off of the biggest PvP server around.

Please stop “fixing” stuff Bliz… you’re destroying everything you touch!!

Sadly it appears that the idiocy of chronoboons is still in. Nothing like the tone deafness.

Yeah but his point is “Fresh” will not bring anything new to what we already have. The only thing I can think of that a “Fresh” server would really bring to the actual servers is you have to farm mats for AQ40 all over again.

Everything you said could happen on a “fresh” server.

Personally, I think if Blizzard released Fresh tomorrow there would only be a small number of players to take advantage of it.

While I much prefer Classic over TBC, I understand that not everyone has the same bias. Some people prefer TBC, and there is a wide spectrum of player preferences.

The same goes for WotLK, a lot of players primary play time would go to wrath once TBC finishes.

I get that some only want vanilla, I probably fall into that camp. But if Fresh won’t get off the ground until the next 2 expansions run their course, the least that Blizzard could do is say Fresh won’t be out for a year or three, and allow players to either move on with their lives, or to settle back into the phase 6 vanilla servers we have now.

Because the uncertainty is making it hard to commit to anything right now, because why level to 60 on a server if Fresh could get announced next week?

5 Likes