Where is the horde (spoilers)

But to Sarms point, I do agree that that quest line looses the impact it has if also has to split the spotlight with a forsaken character. And besides, lets be honest, there’s going to be people who don’t/and never will empathize or sympathize with the forsaken after…well everything they been doing since TFT

2 Likes

The War Within was already deep in development when Metzen came back. To what extent things changed is unknown, but I’m pretty sure making it a Saga with Midnight and The Last Titan had his involvement.

6 Likes

I can’t see how though. Maybe that’s just my perspective, but in a way, it’s almost poetic.

You have the Forsaken, a race notorious for being unable to feel positive emotions and thus unable to exercise much empathy, and a literal race of robots, united in a moment of supreme empathy: of loss.

3 Likes

Having a person appear is not the same thing as having a role in the story

6 Likes

I don’t know.

I think its still a valid criticism that more Horde characters could have been worked into the leveling story as well.

13 Likes

Like I said, nu blizzard only uses the horde as set dressing.

6 Likes

It would have been nice to have a bit more rep, and I really didnt like being led around by anduin, but I think some people are taking it a bit far. Like technically the whole first two zones are for the earthen which are literally in the horde now but not one is talking about that

3 Likes

Understandable, but I’ll counter with this:

I cannot in good conscience recall a single Horde poster requesting Stone Dwarves to be added as a Horde Race.

You will find that if you try to suggest that Earthen content counts as Horde content, I expect the room to be as silent as it was in the Blizzard Con showroom when they announced the Earthen to no excitement whatsoever.

14 Likes

Cause no one on the horde wants the stone dwarves, they don’t fit it, they are just there so blizz can be lazy and not make 2 races for both factions

12 Likes

To me, it’s kinda like the elf situation all over again, but kinda worse in a way? Because yeah, belves and shelves are undeniably horde races, but they’re not exactly the picture of unified appeal if a horde fan’s hoping for more content.

Also doubly weird because in the setup for them, it sounds like the Bronzebeards have a lot of content surrounding them (even if you try to ignore the fact that earthen as a race are predecessors to dwarves). So you see those two groups clicking together and it seems even weirder that they’re not just alliance-only.

Edit: Kinda funny now that for the rest of the game, I’ll have to re-amend all of my hopes to be “I’d like to see horde in XYZ but not the dwarves or the elves or the human visages”. You’d think I’d have accidentally rolled alliance and somehow didn’t know.

2 Likes

Apparently offscreen the Horde is taking in the Snake People from BFA.

To be honest, the Alliance could have the entirety of the Stone Dwarf storyline and I wouldn’t care one bit if the Horde was instead flooded with a million snakes all named some variant of Kobrakomander.

13 Likes

Yoo i always wanted the snake people to be playable, pity they aren’t

Earthen would probably feel less underwhelming had they come in a set with Harronir. BfA, for its many flaws, at least sold reskinned races in packs.

Dracthyr set the bar pretty high for one-race expansions, and even came bundled with a hero class. Earthen, as much as I like them, aren’t half that ambitious.

2 Likes

I’d probably care more about the snakes if dracthyr hadn’t come out looking the way they do. :confused:

No I’m pretty sure this was always the case. But it was considered heretical and was banned but then the Forsaken picked it up.
But I agree with the rest of what you said.

2 Likes

Nah let’s take the mentally unstable void corrupted elf chick instead. It’ll be fiiiiiiiine.

4 Likes

They seemed to of retconned that to they were all scared of Zovaal, unfortunately.

Shadowlands strikes again

While that retcon may be true, zovaal was powerful because of Domination.

::he would casually gesture to Death Knights.::

Can always toss in a few Serpentors to mix things up

3 Likes

I was laughing so hard when they said “Yes that means Horde Dwarves” as an applause line but got met with dead silence lol.

5 Likes