Where is the horde (spoilers)

My issue is more that its almost certainly going to rehabilitate the Void/High elves without actually addressing why they suck in the supposed “horde story” given we’ve already told the expansion is going to reunite the Thalassian elves.

But I won’t pretend I don’t want some actual positive story inclusion into the main story for the og horde races.

2 Likes

Give warpaints to blood and void elves, blue skintones to blood elves and fel green eyes to night and void elves and I guarantee people will be making barber looks that cross over the appearance lines so hard. (Also throw a customization bone to nightborne, they really need it for midnight)

2 Likes

Mop was absolutely an elvish party.
Just not a nelvish one.

2 Likes

Blood elves in MOP have one patch (most of which is spent on plan B to leave the horde before the rebellion is cemented as the best option), it’s one of the two cases of a plot where belves are prominent in the A plot (with Suramar, no I don’t care about your opinion on this even though I’m sure you will yet again try to counter with it) across the whole game post BC.

You’re being dishonest.
I’m not going to humor it.

For those who think melu isn’t, the entire point of Jaina enraging lorthemar and having wrynn rebuke her was because that was the moment that solidified the blood elves for the horde.

Lor’themar went all in. Even decided he would become Warchief if it was necessary. He led the horde while voljin was on his panda kung fu retreat.

He led the horde all the way into Siege of Orgrimmar, repeatedly clashing against the alliance.

6 Likes

“Yes, but it was you who held the Horde together during this madness. It was you that protected our honor. From this day forward, Vol’Jin - If you lead, I will follow.”

“I am no worthy… But I will give my all. For the Horde”

God I miss Vol’Jin so god damn much, my blue man was done dirty.

17 Likes

Varian: gets epic cutscene, death is explored with his son’s effort to deal with it over 4 expansions

Vol’jin: lol poison. Tie in to one of the most hated storylines ever. Resurrection was teased but seems to have been dropped.

17 Likes

Well you see, they know they he would get in the way of them making sylvanas burning down the hordes credibility in the setting so he had to go

11 Likes

Rewatching that MoP cutscene always makes me laugh with Jaina going full Palpatine telling Varian to dismantle the Horde and then Varian has the absolute balls to talk mad smoke to a compendium of some of the best fighters in Warcraft history lmao

4 Likes

I still think Varian was lucky as all hell Taran Zhu was there.

You have that hard fought of a victory and then narrowly decide not to do something stupid that would turn your co-belligerent against you and likely get them to trivially get the remnants of Garrosh’s forces willing to work with them, only because a third party calms things down slightly?

4 Likes

He’s lucky Tazan Zhu was there because if he picked a fight he would have been smeared over the walls instead of disenchanted.

1 Like

Vol’jin died because Varian died. If Zerde tries to tell you otherwise he is lying obviously.

5 Likes

Nobody ever seems to remember that Jaina wanted to murder people she was in parly with to keep fighting as a war of elimination against the Horde…

And for those who want to go to “the Horde” deserved it. That is nothing more racial responsibility. The people she wanted to attack under a truce all had put as much on line as she did to oppose Garrosh.

15 Likes

Shhhhhh don’t say it so loud, you are gonna summon the blue guy.

11 Likes

Just don’t say his name three times. We should be safe :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

11 Likes

I think they’ll bring Vol’jin back some day, but I think it will happen whenever Malfurion reappears with a similar power-up.

I can’t be bothered to be interested, though. I liked warchief Vol’jin and I liked Rezan. Loa Vol’jin is a downgrade from having both of those other options in the story.

5 Likes

I came back in during Legion so his death was actively comical to me. I legitimately had no idea who the Warchief was. I knew it definitely wasn’t Garrosh and I’d heard some chatter saying it was Sylvanas. But from the WoD content I’d just done it certainly felt like Thrall was back in charge and that made as much sense as anything else.

So I get to the Legion intro and finally figure out it’s Vol’Jin and think that’s an interesting choice. Legacy character who’s been a bit of a wallflower so he could do for some fleshing out while still being an uncontroversial yet solid choice. Only for him to get stabbed and die 5 minutes later.

“Hi Vol’Jin. Opt. Bye Vol’Jin”.

Granted the Trolls got done a solid in BFA by getting Bwomsamdi who is the best character in the setting. Shame he doesn’t turn up more. I’d just have him be the perpetual spirit healer for the Horde with fresh zone based dialogue. He could also roast us for hero talent classes now too.

Guess ya didn’t see that one comin’, Oracle
Seems ya be more riding to the apocalypse

13 Likes

Malfurion came back one patch after he left.

5 Likes

I’m not the biggest on vast conspiracies…

But I genuinely think the plan was to bench Malfurion for Ysera for at least some period of Dragonflight development, and that got changed in reaction to either the blowback or Metzen coming back.

2 Likes

I miss Rezan so much.

3 Likes