Where is our latin server, Blizzard? [in Classic]

I am a player from Oceanic server. When classic launch we oceanic player started with 1 PVP server and due to overwhelming number of players flood the server Blizzard then added 2 more, now we have 3.
And I hope Blizzard don’t make 1 PVP server for our South American counter part, but make 2 PVP servers.
There are PVP players want to try both Alliance and Horde faction.
This way they can do it.

1 Like

Were is the server going to be located?

Latin Americans have better pings when the servers are located in LA(Pacific).

PRO-TIP: brazilians won’t move to that realm if it’s shared with spanish speakers.

We didn’t move before (when Blizzard opened the latin america realms on retail), we won’t now.

The only possibility to make brazilians move is a portuguese language realm.

In here, most of us prefer to communicate in english than spanish when we need a second language.

6 Likes

Spanish speaker here.
I fully agree with you, I can communicate pretty effectively in English as a second language but I can’t understand two words in portuguese. And to those saying they’re very similar languages and that we should be able to understand each other… well sorry, that’s not true for everyone.

Now, I don’t think they’re making this decision lightly… at this point they have a pretty accurate measure of how many people are playing (and their respective IPs, from which they can derive the country from which they connect).
So I think if they aren’t making two realms, one for each language, is because there isn’t enough people to keep a healthy population on both of them.

In any case, I would advise any players considering to move to first check how high of a ping they get on these new realms, lest they find themselves stuck on a low population realm with exactly the same latency (because I’m assuming they won’t make these realms physically located in latin-america).

3 Likes

I don’t know where you’re getting this info from, because I get around 60 less ms on chicago based realms (I’m from Chile).

I get o lower ping on EST realms. But really wish the server were located in south america. I don’t really mind to share the realm with spanish speakers as long as they can speak in english. Better case scenario for me would make 4 mega-servers of which 2 for each faction of and 2 for portuguese only and for spanish only speakers. would make it great. Prefer time here in brazil is GMT-3 with no daylight saving.

Need at least 2 servers, one for Spanish and one for Portuguese, otherwise not even considering moving.

5 Likes

With free tranfers to these realms aswell right?

(I have a dream that one day we will have our own datacenter in South America.)

12 Likes

There needs to be two separate servers, one for the BRs and one for the spanish speaking players.
I really doubt players from each group will move servers if they’re going to end up together again, there’s no point to it really.

playing in Thalnos atm and I can say is not that bad dealing with brazilian players, they probably think the same about the rest of latam. Its better if both communities are together, better for the server longevity, economy, etc.

5 Likes

Thanks… but please stop forcing pvp on all your players… you have pve servers for a reason: some of us don’t like it.

Gracias… pero por favor dejen de forzar pvp en todos sus jugadores… tienen servers pve por una razón: a algunos no nos gusta.

The only reason that spanish and portuguese speakers would play in a same server is if we had reduced latency. But we all know that Blizzard wont be hosting a server in South America.

The second point is: portuguese speakers preffer to use english as second language than spanish.

Also, if you check the historical of other games where spanish and portuguese speakers player together (aka Dota2),we tend to not have good relationships.

Now I ask: why would we move to a server where we would find fewer players to play with? Tbh, it sounds a little ridiculous to offer that to the players. If Blizzard really want to listen to the complains of people not liking to play with portuguese/spanish speakers, just host a server in South America. for both retail and classic.

8 Likes

100% Agree with Dyela in the post above!

i’m really hoping you can let me transfer from oceanic servers to this new realm

Congrats on your new server :smile:

The original vanilla experience didn’t have latin american realms we all leveled together, NO CHANGES!

This!

All that new realm stuff just a month from classic release are just bad news.

Brazilians used to play in Warsong-US. The “brazilian server” creation just split the community with no real benefits. A lot of guilds and friendships just broke.

I think it’s just a movement to praise english language players that are mad just because they see another language in your chats. What a deal!

Classic didn’t need even to be translated. It’s english and period. Like in the past.
Classic ruined by “MoP new players”…

but we dont like each other

playing from SA, i get 50 ping on east and 90 on pacific, maybe get a better isp?

Trust me, I’ve tried every ISP available in my area. My current one is one of the best on my country (gtd) and the one who has given me the best results.