Where classic COULD go

Gnomes, we need moar engineer gnomes.

Thereā€™s a lot of potential in building off of classic - could be pretty awesome. Dont see it happening myself but its fun to think about.

1 Like

For now Iā€™m sure just releasing expansions up to wrath is the current plan. Maybe after wrath, they can toy around with a ā€œclassic+ā€, but I think for now most people are more interested in TBC/Wrath than they are in Blizzard toying around with a whole new classic expansion.
Just my 2 cents. :man_shrugging:

Instead of trying to create a WoW Frankenstein, we should be asking for a sequel. WoW vanilla was a great game but itā€™s age shows. WoW Classic is the BEST MMORPG on the market but that isnā€™t saying much.
Classic + is what the original devs did wrong, just keep bolting ā€œkewlā€ stuff on until it implodes.

iā€™ll not fall victim to tyranny of the masses

That is true. Any form of ā€œthis replaces all Classic realmsā€ would destroy Classic.

And so they wonā€™t do that. There will be separate BC realmsā€“like in all four of the options in Blizzardā€™s survey. No one will get their ā€œall the changes I wantā€ version of Classic. Not even you, un-level-squished draenei.

The issue with classic+ is the new content would have to be very difficult as naxx is a big gear upgrade.

Now with difficulty, here comes needed min maxing. So bye non rouge/war dps or any meme spec class.

People scream for ā€œbalanceā€ rather than make each class needed in a different way. then Evey class becomes the same.

An alternate universe of wow keeping it an actual MMORPG would be cool

But blizzard is more activision now as more devs jump ship and the news of blizzard being less independent

Alternate timeline where the cataclysm never happenedā€¦

that is cataclysm, mt hyjal, uldum, grim batol(maybe memory vague), not that a retro version of cata would be bad it is the time before the fall, before the pandas. As for content being able to choose what endgame content you want isnā€™t a bad thing and wanting to choose to play cata content is perfectly fine.

Why do people keep pushing this idiotic idea that TBC servers will replace vanilla servers?

like, rub your two brain cells together and think for a second: You really think they would spend years and years developing and fixing and maintaining Classic, just to throw it all out after 2 years?

cā€™mon now

1 Like

well from your avatar you play retail so you have no say in this

Believe it or not I have more characters than just the one I make my avatar. Itā€™s a crazy concept, I know.

1 Like

this is what Classic + would be. Thereā€™s lots they could do. With how many genreā€™s do multiverses and separate timelines thatā€™s exactly what WoW could do and tell a different story.

Thereā€™s lots of lore that went underused in Classic. I personally always thought the dire maul lore and the shenā€™dralar elves coulda had something interesting. I def coulda seen some sort of Ogre raid tied to that.

1 Like

yeah exactly, its kalimdor/EK content that should have been slowly added to WoW in patch cycles

instead we got it tossed into one bad expansion where most of the content was woefully unfinished, gimmicky and basically wasted.

one word: greed.

Though the revamp of the old world was really nice. Honestly, the game would be so much stronger if the game world changed with each expansion. Like, in Retail, going from zone to zone you see four different warchiefs while leveling (at least before the leveling revamp). If expansions changed the existing world instead of adding new zones that are the high level areas, and everywhere else isnā€™t getting touched again, then that would make for a more interesting story, and would encourage people to level again through zones each expansion, to see how the story unfolds.

Because it is not idiotic in the slightest. It is simply good business. The rule for all living things (and a game community is a living thing, make no mistake) is change or die. Stagnation is just a fancy word for slow death. If Classic doesnā€™t change, then classic will die. Oh, thereā€™d still be a couple servers kept aloft, because the core reason for their existence wouldnā€™t have changed. And, no, that reason is not anything to do with players, but so they can be used as a hammer to smite IP theft servers in a court of law.

On the other hand, progressing the majority of servers to TBC is a minor cost outlay. You have more complete reference clients, and much of the conversion work has already been done. You get all the benefits of an expansion with a fraction of the cost.

Sure, theyā€™ll keep a couple ā€˜stasisā€™ servers around, because, as I said, they want to smite IP thieves, but the smart business play is to progress the servers.

2 Likes

You do know that the current WoW Devs are not the same ones from the golden years right? you want the devs that must say F$$$$$ up the game to make new things for classic? yeah no thank you.

Now imagine its all done by people that made Legion, BFA and Shadowlands.

1 Like

Iā€™m confused by your statement.

Did you read my post? I said I donā€™t trust the current team to create quality contentā€¦

lol my bad, didnā€™t mean to say that to you my man.