Where are the solo shuff fixes?

We know that leaving is considered unsportsmanlike like but you gotta remember too if you’re getting constantly targeted and getting no support why should you continue to play with those people.

Dang you must have had some kind of debuff. Or you have a lot of 70s, or you are only quiing a few times a day.

Right?! They sit here and bash me for leaving… but they never once stopped to thing that maybe… JUST MAYBE… the group I am playing with as a whole deserves it… 5 rounds in I have played with most the matchups… When my polys keep getting broken, I get no peels, no coordination, trained the entire time by 2 melee…

Yea, IMHO they deserve the lost time… I really dont care… But what these people do is assume that every time I am in a losing match I leave… But that just isnt so… I have gone 0-6 plenty of times and not left.

It’s true. Blizzard’s mantra is “exploit early, exploit often”, so I don’t blame anyone taking advantage of it. It’s frustrating, but other players have taken advantage of exploits to their advantage plenty of times before.

This is what happens when you rush things out.

1 Like

Funny enough, after I made the post, my next match only had 1 melee in it… was fun. Guess my crying worked.

I keep saying this, to many people expect this game mode to be played like normal arena. It isn’t and it never will be. Expecting your team mates to play perfectly especially at lower ratings is beyond unrealistic. But leaving because you are losing no matter what the reason is still wrong because you know you just made it so 5 other people get nothing out of it.

1 Like

Sorry, but tbh, that’s on Blizzard. If a player wants to rage quit, it should have already been patched to have consequences. It doesn’t really have any consequences, so it’s not on the player as much as it’s on the developer for not fixing their game.

Not true… You are assuming that every other player was going to gain rating… that is just not likely the case.

So in reality, you probably save 1-2 people from losing rating… 1 -2 probably wasn’t going to have any change and 1 or 2 people were going to gain.

This whole “You wasted 5 other peoples time” claim is BS

1 Like

This means most healers will remain in the dirt then and dps will do far better and getting higher ratings if they don’t play as a team.

1 Like

I mean sure this stuff should have been addressed before it went live, but using something like this to make others suffer isn’t just on Blizzard. That excuse just shows a player’s mind set honestly lol.

A mind set blizzard has cultivated if they actually properly addressed stuff like this the entire world first guilds would have been banned for rmt, so on and so forth.

I didn’t say anything about not playing as a team. I think people have this weird notion that everyone that does arena is some R1 god who is perfect at the game (news flash R1s aren’t perfect either). To expect gameplay to be like 3v3 arena were you play certain comps, pick your team mates and have voice comms. Even then people make mistakes. A lot of times it’s not hey aren’t playing as a team it’s they actually don’t know they are doing something wrong.

It’s MMO PvP, people are going to use whatever exploit they can to get ahead. Leaving is a proper strategy. You lose CR, not MMR, but you gain it all back on a 4-2 your next match.

There are literally pro players leaving to retain MMR at 2400+

It’s Player vs Player, there are no strings attached.

I didn’t know Blizzard was into mind control.

God no I’m terrible at pvp but I was hoping I’d be able to push 1800 without dropping 300 points on several matches where I spent half the time not being able to control my character. It seems like the only way to do this is go dps as melee cause it’s easy wins.

1 Like

I mean people abusing exploits isn’t just an MMO PvP thing. MOST people probably don’t, or even know about them honestly.

Also pro players calling them out for it and calling out this stuff in general.

1 Like

This is what I meant by blizzard cultivated this mindset “exploit early exploit often”

I genuinely think people should have to stay in the game even if they rage quit, let them take the hit

1 Like

This. There has been a slap on the wrist for exploits in the past so no one is afraid of doing them.

There were screenshots posted in the World of PvP Discord showing a couple of pro players leaving a match after going 0-4 or 0-5 so their MMR didn’t drop.

When I mean Pro, I mean AWC players.

1 Like

No, not by a long shot.

You must be new here. Give me 1 expo where there wasnt a few melee classes that were over tuned and dominating against low rated players especially. I’ll wait.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

I literally have a mage that is 1750-1800 MMR in shuff. 1600 CR. As frost. Ive been playing mage since TBC along with druid. Ive been 2200 in 2s and 3s back in wotlk/cata/MOP (i quit at the end of mop, just came back as SL came out). I got 1900 in shuff as mage pre-DF launch in prepatch. Why can Xaryu, mitch jones, and Aeghis all manage to kite and get away from melee (its not easy at all), but you cant? Clearly skill is involved here. Timing defensives, using ice flows to better position, pole humping, running displacement vs wars and dh, and so on. I know exactly what im talking about here and you dont want to accept that you need to improve your play.

That big damage buff was 10-15%… which sounds way bigger than it was. Arcane is in no way overpowerd… it has one super heavy hitting combo that depends on 4 1 min CDs… has to be cast and is super easy to see coming and to avoid. Outside of that, arcane is OK.

It was a huge buff for frost and fire burst dmg. Frost with stacked mastery with the icicle or glacial build absolutely claps. You dont do a lot of dmg overall, but you have immense burst if you can manage to time defensives, get away, position, and blast someone. Thats how mage has ALWAYS been. If you let a mage freecast for too long, you die. Melee deal with that by just sitting on you.

As for arcane, you just demonstrated just how little you know about mage. They have huge burst potential every 45 secs with magi, pom, rune of power, etc. Even without those CDs, you can still chunk people really hard with missle procs into 4 charge barrages. You can also use mass invis to cast surge from stealth, so yet again you dont know how mage is working currently. As I said, go watch Aeghis/xaryyu/mitch.

Go watch Aeghis specifically on youtube. He manages to beat 3 melee dps shuffs if you want to see what a good mage looks like. So does Xaryu.

Good for you? So you are going to sit here and tell me that with a DH and warrior on you, you still put out high damage and get off CC ??? Vid or it didnt happen.

No i dont put out high dmg overall compared to melee shuffs, but i burst at the right time to get wins. Again, this is how mage has always worked. If you are being trained, you must time all your CDs properly to setup kills and not die. Not wasting block early, immediately using alter time on their burst CDs, running displacement vs warriors with double charge, using ice nova to root their charge, blast wave into a ring of frost, and so on. You will do the least dmg over all, but once you land the CC and get a split second of breathing you, you pop CDs and kill a target. If you’re just running in and standing still expecting to free cast and your healer keeping you up, you are playing mage wrong. You’re the most slippery class in the game next to rogues, and you gotta abuse those tools and outplay the melee. If a war has 3 charges in total, you alter time right away as he charges you, then you blink, he charges again, then you displacement back to blink location, he jumps you again, then you alter time back to full HP and original location. That gives you about 8-10 secs of space before he’s back on you. Add a DH into the mix, and you then need blast wave and the same escape rotations. Its hard af vs DH/war, but we have the tools to do it.

Ive mained mage for 20 years… but I didn’t play after Cata.

So this is your first expo since cata? Explains why you have a morphed perspective. I had the same perspective when i first came back at SL release. Mage felt really bad, then I learned the meta, how other classes work again, and I found my footing and got a lot better at using my CDs to survive and time burst dmg.

As I said. Mage is by far the hardest class to play. Arcane is the hardest spec but also the best. Frost is good and relatively easier. Fire is mediocre and hard to play and survive.

Again. post a video of you managing to somehow evade a DH and warrior on you… I know its fun to call others bad at the game, but you are full of cow dung if you are going to sit here and claim that you are able to kite a warrior and DH simultainiously in arena… absolutely full of it… When that happens, it comes down to your teammates and what they do, because you aren’t doing squat if you get focused. And if the warrior has shattering throw, you are dead. End of story.

Dude. It’s a team game. You cant do it all on your own. Talk to your teammates in shuffle and try to coordinate some peels and CC. Its really hard to deal with DH/war in shuff. You can struggle with that and still not be bad. Even the best players struggle. Still doesnt justify you leaving a damn shuffle and screwing everyone over because you’re a baby that cant handle losing points.

None of this discussion changes the principle reason for this post and my responses to you. You. Leave. Games. That’s unacceptable and you’re just spiteful and childish in your reasoning. With that said, DH is majorly overpowered and hopefully blizz nerfs demon hunters into the ground. Theyre the easiest and best class in the game and definitely need some tuning to their mobility, defensives, and insane dmg.

Get good.