Where are playable Night Elf Paladins?

It’s been around 7 years since we’ve seen the introduction of Night Elf paladins and somehow they are still not in the game. I understand there is a special mount to create, but that does not take 7 years to do especially considering some of the allied races got one pretty quickly. This would be a pretty popular race for paladin so I am pretty surprised we have not seen it yet, especially now that they’ve opened up basically all of the races to certain classes like warlock/priest.

Opening up more races to the classes is a very good thing imo, like I’d really want to see orc paladins eventually, undead paladins, things like that, but I think it’s pretty weird its been this long with no night elf paladins yet, figured that would have been one of the first and most obvious ones to do? This goes for other races/classes too not just paladin, but again figured Night elf pally would have been a very obvious release.

26 Likes

Non existent, as it should be, as Draenei warlocks should be :angry:

15 Likes

No, we saw the introduction of one heretical human weeb

Night elf paladins shouldn’t exist until class skins can differentiate them from hammer-throwing golden light bog standard paladins, or else all they’ll be is more examples of human cultural bleed washing away any other race’s identity.

2 Likes

“Human weeb”? If you are referring to Delas Moonfang in the paladin order hall than I am more than six forms of confused.

3 Likes

I think it’s safe to say that they have not been working on Night Elf Paladins for seven years.

2 Likes

They could be called Night Warriors with an affinity towards the moon (as opposed to the sun/light). But they basically play as paladins.

1 Like

I am. She abandons Elune and everything she’s ever known to kneel before “human potential”. It’s disgusting.

2 Likes

Oh, okay. :+1:

2 Likes

Using golden light is not thematic to only humans, I think they can definitely differentiate between night elf paladins and human paladins without having to change the color of spells regardless of how much I would really want that to happen. I highly doubt they will do this, they’ve been asked about warlock green fire so often and if they will do anything else like it and they’ve always just shrugged about it, while they have been removing things for the sake of ‘understanding spell visuals’ in pvp without creating glyphs for those things that can be deactivated in pvp.

Anyway, I don’t think this should hold the game back like that, they should be opening up races at this point. Don’t think having a specific color of light is necessary either, taurens don’t and they are differentiated from humans, same with zandalari.

3 Likes

I hope shammies and pallies open up to all races at the same time, druids will be last. It’s just a matter of time before we can be pallies on all races. Hopefully in 10.2!

2 Likes

I do.

Zandalari like gold anyways, but I don’t care about tauren and zandalari, I do care about night elves.

Thus I’ll die on this hill.

That’s fine, but night elf paladins exist and have been wanted for a while, don’t think 1 opinion will hold that up especially when there are other ways to differentiate between human paladins and non human paladins like the examples I gave whether you care about them or not. Again as much as I want that kind of thing, it certainly won’t happen any time soon and shouldn’t stop progress from happening, not the only way to discern races.

2 Likes

As it has been shown for the past year and a half, they do every race for a class at the same time, not just a few ones. Night Elves will get paladin, along with every other race not having it (except drakthyr probably)

Why are these threads still popping up?

One exists. Outliers mean nothing.

You gave no examples.

I gave two examples, zandalari and tauren have both been differentiated from human paladins. Whether you care about those races or not, they are not even remotely close to human paladins. The same can be done for night elfs.

How? They have the exact same abilities and visual aesthetic. What is the differentiation.

Because it’s been 7 years since the introduction of that race/class combo, it isn’t something new and has been expected every expansion since then. They’ve had to make new race/class npcs for some of the newer race/class combos, whereas that one specifically already has a couple. Are you the thread supervisor or something lol, people can make whatever threads they want, especially if it is about something they’d like to see in the game. Doesn’t take much to think about why they may pop up often.

2 Likes

The differentiation is in the lore of the race/class combo, ie zandalari using loa as their deity and tauren using the sun as theirs. They have different cultures when it comes to their beliefs that give them access to the light, it’s even shown in their armor/mounts occasionally.

2 Likes

We know that Night Elves paladins are gonna be a thing, it has been confirmed like the rest of the combos for over a year and a half, yet this forum keeps getting poosted about it daily - there’s nothing wrong with doing 2 minutes of research before starting a discussion about a non-existing topic

I’m aware all class/race combos are coming, but in that exact same interview they said they wanted to hear what players think should come next, so that is why you see so many of them. Not sure why I need to explain that, and you don’t have to worry about the topics people create, doesn’t concern you, scroll by it if you don’t like it, forum policing without actually being a mod is so weird. Either way, the feedback is that these should come sooner rather than later

1 Like