Whenever I see requests for Tuskarr

If you wanted to be a Horde druid you had no alternatives to tauren until Cataclysm, and if you wanted to be a Horde paladin you had no non-blood elf alternatives to tauren from Cata until like BfA I think. Everyone knows male blood elves are the most attractive dudes in the game but for various reasons not everyone wants to play one; for example when I made my first blood elf in TBC I was very young and it was 2007 (basically the dark ages) so I was worried people would think I was gay (which I am actually, but that’s besides the point)

Once there are vulpera druids and paladins then things could easily change. But also, tauren dudes aren’t ugly. I made this character a tauren in part because I really loved their heritage armor, otherwise it would most likely be a blood elf or zandalari troll

1 Like

“the average WoW player just has 1-3 characters”

Do you have a source for this assertion? I honestly don’t KNOW anyone with only 1-3 characters at this point. Not saying they don’t exist, just that your assertion is outside my own experience and I’d love to see the source.

I’ve got 15 myself.

3 Likes

I’ll see if I can find the vod, but from what I remember watching the TWW deep dive they indicated it was a lot more than that.

Edit:

“2/3 of players who have a level 70, have multiple level 70s. Half of players have 3 or more” -Ion

2 Likes

Well, if factions are removed or we are allowed to pick the races from the other faction you could high elves. Alliance blood elves is probably the best compromise that we could get from Blizzard. High elves don’t add anything that blood elves don’t already add besides being able to play Alliance.

I should add that I am not pro high elf, I am more pro letting people play whatever their favorite race is while also being able to play the game with your friends and not letting something like faction choices get in the way of it.

1 Like

Tinkers are cool, but… I don’t think they would be popular unless they are easy to use and absurdly broken like aug evokers were.

If we get playable Tuskarr instead of playable Vrykul in The Last Titan I’ll officially lose my mind. Unless they add Vrykul before TLT.

thats cool looking, but does it have bent over issue. man the cape and hair are awesome.

Tuskarr getting added in for The Last Titan would be odd as they have nothing to do with the Titan story.

1 Like

It would be fine. They have the exact same body build that a Pandaran does.

They do not. In what world do the shorter, fatter, big faced and tusked up Tuskarr have the same exact body as the Panda?

1 Like

uggg Tuskarr are the Hutts of World of Warcraft. I hope they make them a race, and I hope they are Alliance, and I hope their racial skills include respiratory issues and diabetes.

1 Like

Remove the tusks and then you have a short fat furry little animal.

Taunka for Horde, Tuskarr for Alliance.

I just think there are much better options than Tuskarr and can’t imagine the mogs being good for them. I honestly think mogs are one of the biggest factors for why certain races are played the least. You never see a gnome, goblin, or panda and go “Wow, that looks really cool. Maybe my next character should be one of those” and instead they just fade into the background. For races I think the “Rule of cool” very much applies. Dracthyr were doomed from the start because they for some reason chose the gangly design instead of the drakonids for some reason and also made them only able to be one class. Like seriously, just give drakonid wings and make them smaller and bam, better design than the current dracthyr. They are also able to wear armor so it would have fixed that problem too.

As for your guesses of high elves and forest trolls… no, please no. I don’t need a third troll or 5th elf, I don’t even want the third dwarf were going to be getting.

I just want something unique. Tuskarr, Sethrakk, Saberon, Murloc, Naga, or literally anything else that isn’t a different version of what we already have.

Very few players will main a Tuskarr.

That makes them a poor investment of time, money, manpower, and resources.

As Tuskarr would take too much work to be an Allied race while wouldn’t be a big enough hit to justify being a full on expansion selling featured race.

2 Likes

Have you seen the totems? Hell yeah.

1 Like

Plus they have very little lore behind them and they aren’t that cute.

They’re already ready to be an Allied Race. Model and Skelly works already. They at most need a few more animations.

Why bother yuckin someone elses yums anyhow?

You’re wrong about Goblins, they have attitude!
Also, female Pandarens have got the “fluffy and cute” going for them too.

As for Tuskaar, they’d just be a reskinned Pandaren model, so clipping wouldn’t be a problem. Nor would there be any transmog limitations.

As for High Elf, don’t hold your breath waiting for that as both Blood Elf and Void Elf pretty much fill that niche for Horde and Alliance respectively.

I personally wouldn’t expect a new race for Midnight (I really think they over did it with BfA) though it is possible they might add a new Class or (at least for Shaman) a new spec at the conclusion of The War Within.

I know folk who would die for their goblins and Pandaren.

I don’t think this is true… I think they have their own skeleton.

Either way they’re already setup for armor entirely.

Ok, but honestly… we got Earthen… so high elf is as on the table as everything else.

I think they more or less said they were planning for one in Midnight.

But Earthen are giant Dwarfs (or dwarf Giants), whereas a High Elf would just be a Blood Elf with different racials.