Whenever I see requests for Tuskarr

Not many games offer you the chance to play walrus people. On the other hand elves are plentiful in other games.

Elves are only wanted because they are cute humans with pointy ears.

I could’ve gone my entire life without that image.

1 Like

Not at all.

We still kill them on sight. Well, the guards do.

Then again, we can all speak Fulborg now… Hmm…

you do realize horde do often sneak pass those guards right?

And who was clamouring for Earthen or Twink Dragons (Affectionate)?

Allied races aren’t always done via Popularity Contest. They’re done for theming. Tuskarr would be no less popular than Mechagnomes

I would play a gnoll actually

They should join Alliance then if they love our land so much.

ಠ~ಠ
look its either here or silvermoon, and alliance are the ones mostly who rp.

Dracthyr aren’t an allied race.

Earthern are at least lore relevant to the expansion and are super easy to add in as they’re just bigger, rocky versions of Dwarves and Dark Iron.

Tuskarr would take far more work than Mechagnomes, as nearly 90% of mechagnome stuff is taken from Gnomes.

Aint no way tuskarr would happen unless the genders got some serious rework. People still complain the lizards dont have enough gender qualities. Plus that they are rotund, mogs would be horrible on them. They’d have to pull a mei from overwatch when people thought she was a bigger girl, but it ended up being a big suit more so than herself.

1 Like

still ticks me off that they gonna be dks…

1 Like

tbf the Wildhammer are supposed to be taller than Bronzebeard or Dark Irons. If Blizzard was so hopped up to add another dwarf it should have been the ones we’ve actually requested or even the Frostborn dwarves who joined the Alliance in Wrath.

Horde could have finally gotten the Ogres they’ve been requesting since vanilla launched.

4 Likes

FTFY.

2 Likes

Tuskar or Turtle for me, but I’m more on team turtle these days but only if monk is included.

:pizza: :ninja: :turtle:

4 Likes

I wouldn’t be throwing shade at bad mogs when you’re wearing a checkerboard for a helmet.

1 Like

…Think you might be a little emotionally over-invested in this, lol.

It’s still on? Awesome. Been so long. I post as this guy purely because of it.

OP is absolutely right, and I made this exact point not long ago. This is also the reason why all the people who think ogres would be a really popular race just because they keep getting asked for are delusional, or their opinions are only representative of the type of people who are overrepresented on this forum (i.e., the kind of people you find on Moon Guard and Wyrmrest Accord more than anywhere else)

The average player wants what I want, which is more hot guys and furries. They don’t want to play something that’s fat (unless it’s furry, like a pandaren), they don’t want to play something short (unless it’s furry, like vulpera), and they really obviously aren’t going to want to play something that’s both fat and short on top of being non-furry. Even though tuskarrs are basically anthropomorphic animals, their flesh looks a lot like human flesh, which is not cute. The fact that people think ogres and tuskarrs would be good playable races is really just an example of a cognitive bias known as the mere exposure effect. From Wikipedia:

The mere-exposure effect is a psychological phenomenon by which people tend to develop liking or disliking for things merely because they are familiar with them. In social psychology, this effect is sometimes called the familiarity principle. The effect has been demonstrated with many kinds of things, including words, Chinese characters, paintings, pictures of faces, geometric figures, and sounds. In studies of interpersonal attraction, the more often people see a person, the more pleasing and likeable they find that person.

edit: but also Blizz adds ugly races to the game all the time so you’ll probably have your precious playable tuskarr in whichever expansion Metzen said would be the one we’re going back to Northrend

2 Likes

they have lore, culture, male/female versions and their model is same as panda, so they already have armor access, it’d just stretch and look funky like panda armor does.

I’d much rather get Tortollan than Tuskarr.