When will we get NEW CONTENT instead of new raids/dungeons?

Im doing legion druid Balance of Power major questline. There is weeks of timegating content for you!

Torghast and Horrific visions are waiting for you.

That’s probably the worst bit of content in the game.

It was incredibly easy. Alts already had exalted in legion for all reps because I had plethora of tokens from legion table to send to alts. And back in legion I was doing emissaries for lego chances and was passively doing paragon boxes.

After that the raid clearing was just your typical transmog runs for tier 19 appearances (EN/NH raids).

Worst form of content was horrific vision socket farming and anything pvp related in SL.

Regardless if the rep part was easy or the content itself was easy, the fact you had to do weeks of work on every. single. toon. is ridiculous.

That’s why you run multiple classes per week. I did mine in batches of like 2-4 classes. Do things in parallel not in series.

Except that is a bad analogy.

Every person that uses the forum could access the poll, and every person that uses the forum had the opportunity to alt vote same as any other person that uses the forum. It was not limited to only certain forum members, and no forum member was more limited from alt voting then any other.

As such even the rough numbers shown, as inaccurate as they may be, are more accurate then websites that completely don’t count a large portion of players whatsoever, as sites that record numbers of raiders/mythic+ players, don’t show the number of those compared to the number of people that don’t do those things, they only give the numbers that do.

Edit:
As such a better example would be Blizzard’s game mode poll is taking a sample size of all game modes, as all game modes are represented in the forum, it will not be exact(as nothing pertaining to WoW’s player numbers will ever be), and can be influenced, however every game modes group in the sample size has equal opportunity to do so, it is not an exact but a useable rough sample size of all modes.

Going simply by the mythic+/raiding websites is saying ‘alright, we’ve got these 4 game modes, but we are taking our sample size from only these two, whatever numbers the others have, or whatever percentage of the total players these two may be doesn’t matter’

In all fairness, garrisons were a flop because they ditched it themselves halfway through, not necessarily because people didn’t like them… they liked garrisons, but in the half finished way they were shipped they weren’t exactly what people were hoping for out of player housing, which is funny cause up to the Blizzcon like a week before WoD launched they had several more features in to flesh out garrisons to make them better but cut them just DAYS before WoD launched.

1 Like

Patch isn’t old yet. Also, make an effort and make your own content. There are tons of communities… achievements, PVP and arenas, RP, etc I have other interests outside of WOW and I’m still not bored of WOW.

Yep, but this is what the esports crowd wants and it’s the playerbase they’ve been cultivating for 18 years.

2 Likes

I think if WoW’s development crew put more effort into actually making more of the world not only HAVE world RP content in old and new zones alike as well as made farther out zones like Northern Eastern Kingdoms more accessible as an RPG, we’d see more engagement out of the playerbase once the raid and stuff dried up and got boring. The RP community in WoW especially in places like MG already throws some insane events with what little coordination they can manage now, imagine if WoW was like Final Fantasy or other MMORPGs were they actually had openly designated RP areas?

Dungeons are only boring if they make them boring. The Mechanar is a good example of a bad, boring dungeon. It’s linear, you can run straight through it and it adds practically nothing from a story telling aspect.

They can make dungeons with some good width, breadth and depth to them, as we’ve seen in the past.

They do create outdoor areas, the last one they just nerfed to the point where no one wanted to play it anymore.

On the other hand they still only do 8 regular dungeons, the one mega-dungeon and a few raids each expac. Which is far fewer than they use to do.

‘one’

Is the problem…

so…what do you want then?

I’m not saying it was the only one, because before that was Forbidden Reach. Now if you want to get into how all these areas become throw-a-way, you have a point. But they are creating consistent outdoor content.

1 Like

I’m a fan of dragon racing. It’s a new thing they didn’t have before and I enjoy grabbing the world quests when they’re active. Now, I get that was new content more than 6 months ago … but hey - it is different.

1 Like

These aren’t very good trolls. Anyone that has played the game since Legion would know that the devs added a considerable amount of non raid/ dungeon content.

But people complained about chores, so it’s all gone.

1 Like

They really should add more abilities and make a whole Mario Kart version of Dragonflying that you can Q up for whenever.

Remember Island Expeditions? Remember Covenants? Remember Warfronts? Remember Torghast?

:smiley:

Thats why we don’t get new styles of “content”

But anyway some of you may have actually liked that content.

DF is fine, we have dragonriding, zskera vaults, crafting orders, sniffen seaking, primal rifts. Sounds like 10.1.5 is going to give us time rifts.

Not sure what more you want