When will we be able to fly with our regular mounts

When will we be able to fly with our regular mounts? What is the time frame?

14 Likes

Soon™

7 Likes

When Blizzard says so many are hoping soon as dragon gliding is boring and lame.

10 Likes

I wouldn’t say it’s boring and lame. It’s just not as useful as our regular mounts. That being said the moment that we get use of our regular mounts back I will never open up the dragon riding system again.

16 Likes

Most likely at the end of the expansion life cycle.

2 Likes

i thought you had elf ears.

i got so confused for a minute :stuck_out_tongue:

Hopefully soon, mostly for short little hops. I don’t think many people fully appreciate just how long it would take to get anywhere in the Dragon Isles with a regular flying mount though.

3 Likes

Increase regular mount speed in dragon isles, problem solved.

I like dragonflying but hate vigor, it ruins the experience for me and I’d rather have normal flying because of it.

7 Likes

nope, you can stay on your slow mounts, Regular flying should not have the same advantages as dragon riding

2 Likes

Vigor is just a skill issue. I’m constantly gathering on dragons and might run out of vigor once or twice a week.

3 Likes

It was my understanding that old flying would be similar to a typical pathfinder release schedule.

So what, like 2/3 into the expansion give or take…

Old flying is like an electric Prius with really good solar panels, just go forever.

DR is like Ferrari with a 5 gal gas tank

I will always take the Ferrari, enjoy your Prius

1 Like

Except if you do it right, You can refill the gas tank mid flight constantly.

6 Likes

Yes, but not all activates allow for constant speed and flight deration to keep it full.

Near the end of the expansion my guess.

It’s probably going to work like previous pathfinder unlocks. So more than halfway through the xpac.

Dragon riding is fun but now that we are now on the forbidden reach I can’t see why they can’t implement it on the mainland dragon isles we’ve for the most part already dragon rode all over it. I want to use my flight form lol.

3 Likes

I would like to formally petition for Hogrus to be given honorary dragon status, and that we be given the option of choosing him as a dragon riding mount in DF.

:pleading_face:

4 Likes

Sorry the analogy is more like a jet plane that you have to keep putting fuel into every 20 sec or drop out of the sky, vs a helicopter, Where the helicopter is regular flying. Give me the helicopter every time.
Seriously? you can’t hover, and you have to manage vigor. Sorry but speed is not the most important thing about flying.

5 Likes

Why are you looking for elf ears?
(pulls hood up over head…)

2 Likes