When will Echoing Void be nerfed? EDIT THANK YOU BLIZZ!

Well it is people like him complaining about it that are getting these things way over tuned. They might as well just remove infinite stars at this point.

My rank 2 infinite stars was doing more damage than all of my abilities besides UA for all of M Wrathion prog.

Like consistently 12-15% of my damage.

Recently? I haven’t seen it proc more than 4 times on any fight. Mine is also rank 2.

On a 1m damage fight, where Infinite Stars only gets to proc once? Yeah. Then it sucks.

On extended fights, since the debuff is infinite duration and stacks up to 10, it’s a completely different beast.

Infinite Stars is a corruption for raids. Not for M+ or questing.

This is also from last night.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/gJ7TAzyL2Z4tcjQP#fight=26&type=damage-done&source=16

Straight up number one damaging ability on Dark Inquisitor. Yes, it procced above average amount of times, but the fact this is even a POSSIBILITY and that rank 2 does like 33% less damage than rank 3…yikes.

only the mythic +++++++ ( 1 + is not enough for some lol) elite should have this power.

Way I see it…this is the last year run to 9. they want some to have more fun. Probably to help keep subs up.

I won’t lie. My sub is up in march. Its small things from 8.3 like this that may have me stay longer. NAz is going better for me with the 8.3 gear.
It be the only area not really touched by me. Now its getting touched more. As I hate it less now.

Not having this…it could be so long till 2 weeks out from 9.0.

Blizzard I gather would like for us to pay up till dec.

My guild doesn’t go back in for heroic till the end of the week, so… I guess I’ll have to wait and see for that. I hope it does as well as you say it does, cause at this point I’m ready to clear it cause these corruption effects are really annoying. I wouldn’t mind if it actually happened more, but it doesn’t… or maybe my pets can’t trigger it, I have no clue.

Okey tested it out on something with a lot more life (lfr boss)
https://imgur.com/a/ffJ8WbF
Still not very impressive, in the slightest. I’m not seeing how it is doing so much damage for you all, it proc’d 9 times in that.

Thank you Blizz for listening!!! No longer have to listen to scrubs bragging about their dps meters when 25% of their damage is a passive proc. Now those scrubs will have to work for their dps like the rest of us.

What will be your next excuse when those “Scrubs” are still flatlining your DPS, even post EV nerf ?

1 Like

Yes thank you for making Infinite Stars defacto for ST or Twilight Devastation defacto for AoE.

Also, now EV will deal somewhat more PvP damage than before since it’s not nerfed in PvP (relative to the most recent iteration of EV).

Doesn’t seem good for anyone, besides people upset they aren’t on top.

Whatever’s next down the list of corruption bonuses, of course. :wink:

There’s no skill involved in winning the Echoing Void lottery.

I mean i’m low key salty because i got it just the other day and i was able to use it for a single raid night before they nerfed it.

It was my most damaging ability.

I wonder what impact this will have on World First? :wink:

Looked him up, his main is Scabandari (assas rogue) and he was very salty he was getting destroyed by another rogue. Now he will have to cry about another corruption affix as to why he sucks. Embrace that you’re s**t at this game and life will get better lol

Probably none. Hotfix is being delayed until next reset and with how close Limit is, I can’t see N’zoth surviving the week.

1 Like

With them at 10.6% it may not last the night.

On our Shad’har kill last night, Corruptions made up 8.5% of our raids DPS. And that’s just the “on-damage” ones, not counting stuff like Void Ritual or the bonus Crit damage, etc.

Our raid had more damage come in from corruption than white attacks. And that’s in a purely ST environment where there’s no cheesing stuff like Twilight Devastation or Echoing Void.

On our Wrathion kill, I had more damage come from a singular Mind Flay corruption than my pet.

Corruptions are peak Blizzard design. Completely brainless. Completely random. Completely overpowered.

True. Unless they run into another bug that stonewalls them until Blizzard fixes it.

1 Like

They changed up their comp a bit and they’re re-adjusting (sat a melee and added a caster) so it’s taking a little time to get their groove back. Unless they run into the wee hours of the morning it looks like Method will get one more shot at them as things stand now unless there’s a breakthrough in the next hour.

And of course now I finally get Echoing Void… less than 12 hours before the nerf goes live. GRRR.

A random world quest gave me level 3 Echoing Void. On a 415 blue pants.