When will Echoing Void be nerfed? EDIT THANK YOU BLIZZ!

It’s embarrassing how much damage this corruption ability does. This should not be 25%+ of someone’s total damage. Pls fix it Blizz.

Echoing Void will get nerfed after Infinite Stars gets nerfed again.

1 Like

Yesterday.

h ttps://www.wowhead.com/news=310252/hotfixes-for-january-28-tamable-aqir-creatures-echoing-void-nerf-skshuul-vaz-cha

Already nerfed yo.

Still does too much damage, it clearly wasn’t nerfed enough. Just got out of a raid where an assassination rogue did 4m damage on Ilgynoth Reborn with Echoing void which was 20% of damage, followed by Envenom which was 12%. Is this intended??

h ttps://imgur.com/wGbJA98

its melee range. it really sucks for ranged to get it because it makes them get up close to get use out of it.

i mean infinite stars and twilight devastation are still doing absolute insane damage too. Why are you singling out EV?

Why does this matter? Seems like you should be happy with the ability.

Of the batch: Infinite Stars is kind of garbage outside of single-target fights. In single-target, it’s doing 10k+ DPS.

In multi-target or fights with lots of adds, it barely adds half that, if it breaks that point, because the stars drop on random targets in combat with you, not your main target, so it might waste stack potential by dropping on an add.

Twilight Devastation is a weird cone thing which may or may not be useful.

Echoing Void is just a free, pulsing AoE that can’t miss your target in melee, so it has the HP-scaling bonus of Twilight Devastation that can’t miss (unless all the targets are dead) and you can control where all the damage goes by just being near the things you want to kill.

These corruptions should only be nerf’d in PvP, they’re kind of fun, ya’know?

I got a Twilight Devastation in the chest on tuesday, it doesn’t always hit, it doesn’t always proc, and I have to deal with the eyeball/snare to use it.

I don’t care that my group-mates are doing enhanced damage with their corruptions, it only helps me in the end. So long as they aren’t killing them selves with ludicrous corruption levels.

Isn’t much different to not having the legendary you wanted in Legion. Be patient, do dungeons, do raids, you’ll get what you want eventually.

Stop asking for nerfs, it is really annoying.
Especially after they already nerfed it by 20% on the 27th.

They done completely destroyed infinite stars, it is total garbage now.
They completely over nerfed it.

And yes I have both echoing void and infinite stars.
Here is a screenshot:
https://imgur.com/a/QilCsCi

2 Likes

Well tbh it deserved to be nerfed it was ridiculous. Echoing void isn’t as bad as stars was but still needs a nerf. Having 20-25% of damage every fight as passive do-nothing damage doesn’t seem right. Before long every raid lead will be asking for ppl with echoing void.

As for twilight dev it’s not so bad it ranges from 8% to 12% and the 18% damge forces you to have 75 corruption.

I added a screenshot
https://imgur.com/a/QilCsCi

It does less damage than my racial corrosive vial now.
You happy?

It just sounds like this guy is salty lol, probably doesn’t have corruption gear so he’s complaining

Well it is people like him complaining about it that are getting these things way over tuned. They might as well just remove infinite stars at this point.

My rank 2 infinite stars was doing more damage than all of my abilities besides UA for all of M Wrathion prog.

Like consistently 12-15% of my damage.

Recently? I haven’t seen it proc more than 4 times on any fight. Mine is also rank 2.

On a 1m damage fight, where Infinite Stars only gets to proc once? Yeah. Then it sucks.

On extended fights, since the debuff is infinite duration and stacks up to 10, it’s a completely different beast.

Infinite Stars is a corruption for raids. Not for M+ or questing.

This is also from last night.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/gJ7TAzyL2Z4tcjQP#fight=26&type=damage-done&source=16

Straight up number one damaging ability on Dark Inquisitor. Yes, it procced above average amount of times, but the fact this is even a POSSIBILITY and that rank 2 does like 33% less damage than rank 3…yikes.

only the mythic +++++++ ( 1 + is not enough for some lol) elite should have this power.

Way I see it…this is the last year run to 9. they want some to have more fun. Probably to help keep subs up.

I won’t lie. My sub is up in march. Its small things from 8.3 like this that may have me stay longer. NAz is going better for me with the 8.3 gear.
It be the only area not really touched by me. Now its getting touched more. As I hate it less now.

Not having this…it could be so long till 2 weeks out from 9.0.

Blizzard I gather would like for us to pay up till dec.