When will Blizzard have a consistent Appeals process

Just curious.

Only been 3+ years of inconsistent policy

We try to be as consistent as we can, Wwx, but not all situations are black and white so until everything is automated there will be differences in how a policy may be enforced.

A lot of what that is can be the more nebulous policies, such as on what spam consists of. The fact of the matter is, spam is primarily determined by the players on your realm. If they feel that you are spamming enough to get you squelched, most of the time we’ll uphold that.

The times that it may have been overturned are the times that the Game Master went a bit above what they normally would do and allow you to regain your chat abilities.

9 Likes

Their policy has been quite consistent. You got hit for spamming. File an appeal via ticket. Ranting here will get you nowhere.

3 Likes

Except historically I’ve had it overturned more often than not, and it has nothing to do with the content of my messages, simply the GM in question. Can you with a straight face tell me that copping a silence with 1 message every 3~ minutes for spam is legitimate? The reason for the silence is server hopping advertising so other advertisers report you and you collect 10. If you think that is successful policy I’d love to hear it, because 50% of GM’s seem to think not.

I have a feeling this is going to elicit a good number of responses so I’m going to head those off now. Sorry, all.

That you didn’t receive all the reports on a single realm really doesn’t make your point. If you are spamming across multiple realms, some of which likely share a channel or two, can still be considered spam.

If you wish to appeal the decision you’ll want to submit a ticket, though it appears this has already been upheld.

If you’d like to see a change to policy or how it is enforced, I’d encourage you to submit your feedback under the Support option in-game option.

11 Likes