When was the last time you were this excited for a game release?

The one and only time I have been this excited for a release is the original release of classic wow…

And that coming from a Masters level Sc2 player.

Halo 2. That was back when a game released at midnight and all of your local friends who did LAN parties with you would line up in front of game stop for the 6-12 hours before hand to get their copy. A copy that meant the first person home was the first person to play it! It was back when the point of it was to spoil the good parts for your buddies and make them jealous. That was the achievement.

Also, waiting in line wasn’t like waiting for a roller coaster at the theme park. It was a party. Barbeque in the parking lot, cops came by and made sure we were safe, outdoor party games, the works!

Those were the days.

almost there

I’ve never been as hyped for a game as I am right now for classic.

But I guess the runner ups would be BOTW and like the other guy said, FF7R until I learned they were going with a “modern” style battle system.

Dwarf Fortress’s Myth and Magic update. Still waiting.

I didn’t start until vanilla had been out for a year or so, but I doubt I will ever again be as hyped as I was for TBC.

Mass Effect 3. Biggest disappointment on the planet. Couldn’t believe how stink it was after the epic game that was Mass Effect 2. My poor Thane died and nothing happened lol. He was my damn boyfriend, a resolution to that would have been nice.

Probably the original release of GW2 was the last time I was this excited.

Metroid Prime.

I’d say I was as hyped for Dragon Ball Xenoverse being the fact that I am giant weeb.

this excited? probably never.

But last game i was really excited about? SWTOR.

Never been as excited as I am now. I started playing half way into TBC and was pretty excited for the WotLK xpac, but not nearly ad excited as I am now.

1 Like

I’ve looked forward to the Warlords of Draenor expansion being release as well as Star Wars: The Old Republic, but wouldn’t say I was “excited” for it.

It’s been too long. I don’t even remember.

I don’t know about a release, but i was this excited for Wrath and Pandaria.

It was a while back for The Elder Scrolls Online. The release day have never came to arrive. Minutes became hours. I was so excited to play one of my favorite franchise online. Beta was amazing.

But… then they changed all questing for starting zones for only some hardcore crowd (mafia like threatening developers to mass leave game if they don’t fulfill their demands) so they can rush to end game (isn’t it sounding familiar?).

And when it became clear that so called European servers were actually literally hosted in US, all hyped turn into a nightmare, disappointment and with all these lies game turn into buy to play, free to play. You reap what you sow…

I can’t even bring myself to play retail. There’s simply no point since I’m going full Classic and not looking back (lol).

But yeah I’m so excited i can’t stand it.

Jay Wilson’s Diablo 3 on May 15, 2012

My expectations for every Blizzard game after that took a nosedive.

1 Like

Final Fantasy 7 seemed like forever to come out. Had a folder with magazine clippings for it and even preorded the Nintendo 64. I was also excited for the NA release of Blade and Soul since they said it wouldn’t have P2W in it. It got P2W months later and I quit even though I bought the $300 supporter pack.

Before for LEGION. played it 6 months all day everyday before BFA released.
didnt play BFA (leveling) after couple hours. only banking n auctions.
now CLASSIC.

1 Like

Every Warcraft expansion since Wraith…