When was the last time a dev leveled?

For world content yes
For dungeons no - those without looms will get kicked for holding people up or at the very least annoy people

4 Likes

I mean, I get the point that’s being made, they are worse bonuses than we hoped for.

But in the end, I really don’t care either, they main part of heirlooms still works, they still level with you meaning you can toss good enchants on them and not worry about gear from 1-50

The XP we used to get is already going end up being rolled into the new leveling.

2 Likes

Did they make a change? I thought fully rested xp was 3 levels? You’re right though, rested means little to the main your leveling first. Now alts, that’s different story. First thing Info at launch is log in and out of all my alts yo restart the rested do (Blizz resets it every xpac). By the time I get to my alts, they’re all fully rested.

I mean, if it’s your main you’re leveling you probably are new or it’s a new xpac and won’t have heirlooms anyway.

We don’t get heirlooms 50-60 til like .2 or .3

/Laughs and /cries in altoholic.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s a given. Blizz always hold off until like 3 patches down the road to give the looms a current boost.

I was just speaking tested xp. Did they just make a change? Last character I leveled was during the anniversary and at fully rested xp it was 3 levels rested.

they can remove any idea of the set bonuses for all i care. leveling is taking less than 20 hours now.

this is all a contrived argument for people to cry about something.

i cant imagine being the dev team that massively nerfed the time it takes to level and then seen this small D energy in the forums. why would they want feedback at all when this garbage is what they get.

It’s 150% of current level, so like 1.5 levels

1 Like

Ah ok. Quest turn ins still push the bar right? Only kills eat into rested?

Right, it only counts for kills

1 Like

Thank you for the info. Felt so out of touch for a minute there even though I play everyday lol!!

How this logic works is: “I don’t like this change. I cannot be wrong, so everyone who plays the game must also not like this change. The developers must like this change or they wouldn’t make it. Therefore, the developers do not play the game.”

I can personally attest that every single one of those steps is incorrect, but there you have it.

2 Likes

I’m also not saying that the XP needs to return. I’ve argued against them needing that anymore.

but the set bonuses we got in replacement are extremely underwhelming, and while you may not care it is worth acknowledging that many people did buy them specifically for the additional bonuses they provided.

It’s always been 1.5 levels and yeah, quest turn ins simply push the bar rather than consuming it so it might look like more than that.

Though unless they drastically change how it works in Shadowlands, the amount of XP you get from killing mobs is quite low. Especially considering needing to kill more than about 15 mobs for a quest is pretty rare these days.

1 Like

and by your logic “i like it so everyone else must be wrong” 2 sided coin my friend. It’s pretty clear nobody in the dev team has touched the game aside from end game in over 5 years.

Yes, that is a good aclaration. I thin kthat some class hall sets worked like that only on the open world

Caelus I need your help since you know about the Beta!

I have a 110 character that I use for PvE twinking and I don’t know how the level squish will impact them. Will it still be possible to do Antorus and WQs at whatever level they become even though they are making it so you reach the end of an expansion at level 50?

1 Like

they have access to broken stuff, and sometimes make mistakes… like that time a normal player ended up with a dev item in his mailbox and one shotted all of ulduar when it was current content.

with access to such broken things, i doubt they feel like levelling normally very often :wink:
They must have their own realm/layer/whatever where they play together, i assume.

Maybe a bunch of em like the peasant experience and play with the plebs, who knows.

*Ion plays in a normal guild i heard. must be hard not to use any of his dev powers for the sake of ethics.

Hi. I agree the 4piece is bad ad should change. I was thinking 3% ground speed at less… Something else… Someone may had some this but to lazy to read.
Um. "blizz said SL level going be twice as fast. "
Of course it depend on the expansion,

You get like 1300 xp a kill (just tested it, no heirlooms) and about 17k a quest, with rested you don’t need that many kills to make them worth a quest.

That’s in BfA btw, the SL servers are being wonky so I can’t test kill xp there.

Just taking a stab at this because I like the idea of set bonuses tied to the number of heirlooms you wear. Set bonuses turn off at level 50.

2pc - increase primary stat by 25%
3pc - 100% increased gathering and crafting speed
4pc - 50% run speed increase for 1 min. after killing an enemy that grants XP or Honor
5pc - grants Journeyman Riding skill, increasing ground mount speed by 100%
6pc - Rested XP no longer diminishes