When TBC classic comes out they should release level boosts to 58!

Sure there is if blizz has not announced anything about TBC why would we assume we can level a character now for transfers thats the point of the entire thread. They have made zero TBC promises thus we can lobby for whatever we want and i would love paid boosts to level 70 not 58 a few months after launch. I have leveled in this content before let the speed racers get their fix. As a casual with far more money than time I will happily join and pay to boost multiple characters for arena a few months later.

I’ve been playing blizzard games for over a decade. I can safely assume they are going to do whatever is easiest/most cost effective. I don’t need them to announce anything to know that.

Well I’m glad that’s good enough for you but don’t expect that to be good enough for us. It took me a year to hit level cap that is the pace i play at as I’m a single father and i have maybe 5-6 hours for this game a week. If they are offering boost it is 100% worth it for me to not level characters now. I don’t want to waste all my free time leveling a character i might get to enjoy in the future. So what is keeping me from leveling one now them not making an announcement. Considering i hate leveling and see it as work and i get payed quite a bit more for a single hour of work than what they charge for boosts it would save me lots of money.

also remember that in tbc the amount of experience required to go 1-60 is reduced (by about ~20% each level) and the experience rewards for level 31-60 quests in azeroth are increased 30-40%.

tbc does come with a bit of a boost to old world leveling.

or you could level now you lazy peon. TBC hasn’t even been announced and you are already asking for a boost… go play retail.

They won’t offer a boost. I’d say the amount of players taking a year to hit cap is few and far between. I feel for you I really do but I’m a realist. We won’t get any kind of boost outside of the xp nerf In bc. It’s never a good idea to think things will fit your exact issue when talking about blizzard expac releases. Blizzard is going to do what benefits them most not the players.

Sorry buddy but the brass tacs here are that most the player-base for classic and subsequently TBC are old people now. While some of you managed to have a similar amount of gaming time as we did 15 years ago some of us have lives now and blizzard doesn’t turn down free money. Lots of casuals like me who would love to give blizzard our money.

I’m old now too. But I still have tons of time to play. Not to mention I know tons of people playing who were in kindergarten when vanilla was a thing. Most players have plenty of time to play or the prioritize it. Personally I make sure my days off work line up with raid days. You’re a casual player now but classic is full of people who play 6-8 hours a day plus. You’re in the minority. Blizzard doesn’t care. Blizzard is ONLY going to do what makes them the mist money. Boosts will never be in classic because they’d lose more subs than it’s worth. I’m pretty sure they said boosts will never be in classic anyway.

Depends on the patch(es) they go with but this is true. I think it happened in… 2.3?

Even if they start with an earlier patch and progress through, I’d like at a minimum for the leveling buff to be in place from launch, maybe even from prepatch. Boosting will be less effective with the AoE caps too, so people might be more encouraged to level traditionally.

1 Like

I do.

I want a FRESH server where we all start from level 1.

1 Like

How do you know Im in the minority? do you have usage stats to show or just talking out of your rear end? I happen to disagree i know i pay for 3 subs 2 for my children and they have not even reached level 20 yet however i have been paying them all year. IMO the guys like you who want to play 8 hours a day are in no jeopardy of quitting that’s just what people say to lobby for changes they want. TBC is not classic they have made no promises and as someone who would gladly drop hundreds of dollars on gold and boosts I think its pretty clear it would make them more money. So you can quit but unless 3-4 people quit for every person like me they are gonna end up ahead.

Yeah that one guy . . . what’s his name?

Good news! You can get to level 55 for free if you roll a DK come Wrath. Be patient until then, I suppose.

They should add dual spec while they are at it.

I think it makes the most sense to release TBC early for people who want the levelling experience, and then after a few months or half a year release the raid content and allow character transfers from Classic to CTBC servers.

You will get a lot of people having a sook about waiting to take their character over but who cares about those nerds really.

As I recall, they already addressed this issue when TBC first came out. Leveling 1-60 got nerfed and sped up to help pallies/shammies and players rolling new toons catch up. So there’s no need for Blizzard to introduce boosts, i.e. sanctioned cheating.

This is an RPG, not Call of Duty. There is a leveling process that is a core part of the game. It’s not going to kill people to have to actually play the game and earn their way to max level, as people do in pretty much every other RPG.

I know some people are going to buy boosts from other players anyway, but as with tokens, the answer is not to legitimize and encourage such unintended behavior by Blizzard offering it themselves. You don’t defeat the Dark Side by joining them!

2 Likes

Ya there should be level 58 boosts for TBC servers, and this is coming from someone with quest green level 60 alts that I made just to be able to play in TBC, so this would invalidate hundreds of hours leveling for me personally. There are probably quite a few people who would play TBC but don’t want to level from 1-70, and the lower barrier to entry the better imo.

One of the only arguments against it would be that it lowers the integrity of the game. My counter argument is that Classic WoW has close to 0 integrity anyways. Layers and the economy exploits that came with them, unplayably laggy servers when big PvP fights happen, bots, flyhacking, dungeon boosting, etc.

Why would anyone care that someone wants to play TBC and skip the vanilla content?

No. 7charr