When i hit 80, what's the best way to gear for pvp?

Hateful and Deadly gear both require arena rating, and i have no gold to buy items from AH

any tips appreciated… I’ll be warlock on alliance, affliction

Wintergrasp and badges from heroics

You can queue for WG at 00:00, 3:00, 6:00, 9:00, 12:00, 15:00, 18:00, and 21:00

2 Likes

what do each of those give? ty

WG is like 7000 honor for a loss

Badges (from heroic dungeon bosses) give access to the blue ilvl 200 set pieces (helm, chest, leg, etc)

When vault is out, you’ll also have a chance to obtain gear from there for PvP. You can also turn in raid tokens for PvP gear instead of PvE.

You’ll also be able to use the badges from 25 man raids for epic PvP tier gear.

Otherwise, in BGs for now, pick a spec that just dots things and don’t do anything else. For a mage that would be fire, applying living bomb. If you die trying to get a cast off, casting living bomb is probably more productive.

2 Likes

Thanks!! So wintergrasp + heroic dungeons is the best way to gert gear? and arenas after that?

Where are the vendors for blue pieces from badges?

I think so. It’s a lot more enjoyable than getting one shot by everyone :joy:

The vendors are going to be near the battlemasters and portals in Dalaran. For me being horde, it’s next to the area where I get my cooking daily. I think alliance might be different, but it’ll be in Dalaran.

hateful does not require arena rating. it’s the bis pvp gear outside of arena. And only some deadly requires rating not all.

hateful mainset rrequires arena points, yes not rating my bad. and deadly offset requires rating i think? and deadly mainset too?

Any idea how many badges it costs per mainset piece?
and how many badges you get per heroic dungeon?

hateful is literally just honor. look at the vendor

Yes the offset, pretty sure the mainset costs arena points?

also what emblems do the heroic dungeons give? emblems of heroism?

oh my bad, guess the arena set isnt out yet

Any idea how many badges it costs per mainset piece?
and how many badges you get per heroic dungeon?

Sea lions

You can buy hateful with PVE emblems with no rating.

Emblems of valor yes, will take forever to farm them…I think u do weekly quests for x2 or something?

You get them from NAX. PVP gear also drops in VoA.

1 Like

You will earn PLENTY of gold questing 70-80. Once you hit 80, quests start giving 20-25g/quest so whatever quests you haven’t done by 80, that’s easy gold. You’ll have plenty if you put in the time and effort.

Also some of your gear can drop from raids like voa and naxx, so that’s no gold required but even with that, you’ll still be missing a lot of pieces for a full set.

Aren’t the BOE crafted pvp gear, very expensive per piecE?

Surpirsed no one mentioned it yet… the blue pvp set (5/5) in Stormwind, you can buy that with honor only.

you mean the same 5 piece set you can buy with emblems of heroism? i think it was?