When does Druid get better

It doesn’t. Embrace the pain.

1 Like

That’s not what a lot of people say. Am I wasting my time

Amazingly.

You have two tanks (bear drood and pet) a true healer, and a true ranged DPS. Hunter takes the lead and calls the shots, literally. Drood jumps around doing drood stuff; DPS, heals, or tanking. Hunter non- stop pew pews.

You guys are really helping me here thanks! I made a druid with the intention of going resto at the 50ish mark.

:arrow_up: what this player wrote.

This is what really sucks, TBC had the best versions of each class, I wish they could have done those but in vanilla.

3 Likes

No. Druid is very rewarding to complete and you have a tremendous amount of flexibility at 60. The only real downer is not being able to compete with other casters as a Moonkin. It isn’t that Starfire or Wrath are bad spells, or even that gear is a bit harder to come by, its that you just don’t get the external debuff support other spell schools have.

Frost/Fire/Arcane/Shadow are amped by Warlock curses, but Nature gets nothing there.
Frost/Fire/Shadow are further amped by Mage/Warlock/Shadow Priest unique debuffs, but Arcane gets nothing there.

And the above stuff is pretty standard, not really crazy extreme min/max requirement, so your one-button Starfire spam is simply outscaled by a Mage’s one-button Frostbolt spam.

Other than that, Druid is fantastic.

You still have to learn how to use weapon types.

However, feral forms automatically have max weapon skill.

Don’t listen to people. I mained druid throughout Vanilla. Best 5 man tank due to better at holding aggro than warriors. Amazing world pvper. No one could kill me except warlocks. You can do some really clutch saves in 5 man dungeons with combat rez, heals, tranquility is amazing too. You can switch to bear and pick up an add the tank missed, all kinds of possibilities. You really need to have the mind for it though and consider all your skills and forms as a druid.

Druid is just slow until cat.

8 Likes

Aylis gets it. Druid is fantastic. The only “barrier” is other peoples’ opinions of what druids can and cannot do.

3 Likes

Level 20 with cat form. You become the 2nd fastest leveling class, next to Hunter, b/c you have no more downtime.

1 Like

Cat is 4 fite faster!

On a side note, if you are alliance you get the best looking cat form (IMO, be gentle with the flame thrower)

2 Likes

ya Level 11 seems to be a bit of a Plateau… Just need to go up a couple more levels and place a few more points into your trees: it will get better after that… till the next little Plateau… lol

Yep, it certainly is. Auto Attack and Maul is all I have right now. I get enrage next level at least. I am pointing points in to make maul cost less that should help me.

I put the first 5 pts into Ferocity to reduce cost of maul and other future thingys. Then my next 5 pts will be furor for rage on shift to bear/energy on shift to cat(this can be abused by power shifting muahaha), then back to Feral Aggression.

1 Like

The best five man tank is a fury warrior with thunderfury.

Druid gets a lot better around level 17 when you decide to reroll a hunter

1 Like

I think it has to do with how the Quests are at that level rainge too.
I leveled through level eleven, last night and it took forever. Even the mob grind was a long one to complete the Quests. Still, I had fun with the grind.

I think you mean Paladin with Thunderfury. Pallies are the best AOE tank for 5 man.

Spot on. I applaud the both of you.

Who cares about aggro? The entire goal is to get to the point CC doesnt matter and you just kill things without stopping. 15 minute baron runs yo.