When do I start getting cool and easy transmogs

I just hit 60 (my first ever lvl 60) and was wondering where will I get cool transmogs? also, what are some easy transmogs to farm for my monk? like transmogs you could get in a day or 2 days? I’m still fairly new. Thanks

1 Like

What’s cool is an individual thing. I use the addon MogIt, it shows everything available ingame, which helps a lot.

3 Likes
  • Raids
  • Dungeons
  • Quests

That will be where the bulk of your transmog comes from. As for monks specifically, all of their Mists of Pandaria transmogs were really cool looking. It was the expansion in which they were introduced into WOW, so the art team really took a liking to designing their class armor. At least that’s how I feel, and really enjoy the monk aesthetics from Mists of Pandaria.

2 Likes

WoD and below…anytime you want. Hit raid/dungeon and see the mogs come in.

Wowhead has a nice visual database of mogs. See what strikes you, see where its at, go run the content.

Legion can be hit or miss. DPS checking bosses need more DPS. Lack that…well bad things can happen. Normal ona newish 60 should be fine. HIgher levels usually are just recolors. Sometimes I even prefer the normal color version of EN and Nighthold that i have.

2 Likes

Hard part for you is the first 3-4 expansions were mostly class specific but some had generic recolors. Was even worse for Demon Hunters with most being rogue/druid and later monk specific.

But you can check the Sets tab under collections to see what looks good to you

1 Like

Why some us not really happy with the legion raid not being easier.

It and bfa is all DH has for mog hunts beyond generic leather drops.

In my case leather generic drops picked up by rogue and druid spam lol. I mean I could take a DH to firelands. If a generic leather I probably have it. Or I will see that druid piece drop and go I knew I should have taken the druid.

I think you replied to the wrong person. :stuck_out_tongue:

You can also buy transmogs with Mark of Honor. Mark being a token you receive after successful pvp battles, not a guy. Vendors accepting this currency are in Ashran or Warspear.

1 Like

All over actually. There is a vendor in outland who has some good stuff. For ve hunters they sell the closest thing to a void inspired bow appearance to me.

Mark vendors in the capital cities of org and SW too.

for some easy gold picks ups…there are the vendors in wrath. Horde is top of the stairs in their section. Alliance is in the room above the main hall for alliance section.

3/4 vendors…gold transaactions and load up quick gold mogs from older pvp items.

Wrath also has ICC npc hang out area and the vendors out trial arena. First buys are gold then get tokens in raid to upgrade the recolors if desired.

If you got the gold this pulls in 10’s of these if you have lots of classes 50+.

2 Likes

MoP has some pretty cool mogs for monk from raids. Wowhead should be able to show where to get the pieces and colors you want.

Oopsie! Lol

1 Like

Your best bet is to look up monk mogs and monk tier sets. You should go through your appearance tabs and see what you like and where it drops too.

I think some cools ones were ones from PvP emblems those sets look badass.

Maybe also sometimes you want to be free bodied aswell :joy:

I like patching together my own transmogs from a variety of places. I think this one I’ve got now has five different expansions worth of gear that blend together really well.

Get creative with matching pieces and ideas. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is a good topic. Before Wowhead became the Walmart of WoW and pushed all of the mom and pop bloggers out of business, there used to be some awesome sites dedicated to tmog alone. A few of those old sites might still be around.

I believe that late August is the Fashion Day in WoW and for three days you get free transmogs – that will be the time when you want to spend building your favorite sets.

I got a lot of my mog gear from questing out all the zones, and doing legacy raids. There’s a lot of cool stuff out there to use, and the mix-matches that people use, can either be a thing of beauty or a monstrosity. haha

I totally recommend Burning Crusade content.
That stuff got trashed for being clown suits and skimpy and more – but the fantastic weapons are animated and different from the rest of the game and fun.

What do you think are the easiest ones to get? I think im kind of casual at the moment because im so busy with life lol

I think the easiest ones to get are old raid tier sets. Naxx sets are nice for classes, as are many of the MoP/Cata items imo.

The AH also has some of the xmog sets from BfA islands for cheap - or you can just run islands with a friend :slight_smile: …I use some of those items and they’re super easy to get (as in they’re not a big time sink…rng still has to be on your side).

1 Like

Shift+P, appearance tab, crtl+left click to view on character, hover over item to see where it comes from, press tab while hovering over item to see where the other options come from that share the same visual. Build mog, go get, profit. Anything prior to legion should be easy to get.

1 Like