When did we stop putting heads on spikes?

I mean, if those people have that difficult of a time telling a video game apart from reality they were going to end up there with or without WoW, unfortunately.

And thatā€™s the problem; this is a game. As such, it had all kinds of lore and rich stories about a conflict, which are now irrelevant. They took a HUGE part of role-playing, mixing Horde with Alliance. If you prefer peace, go play Palia.

2 Likes

Holy crap it was a long post. I kind of stopped reading when you warned me

1 Like

Sorry. Still stuck on the title. When did we put heads on stakes?

1 Like

I am very literateā€¦ But you donā€™t need 500 words when 20 will get the point across. Youā€™re one of those people in meetings I absolutely loathe. Because youā€™re incapable of concise communication.

Thereā€™s something to be said about accessing peopleā€™s lizardbrain instincts, thatā€™s what the whole ā€œtwo minutes hateā€ thing was about in 1984. Keying people into those kinds of emotions for their dopamine does wonky things to people, psychologically.

Tons of people take advantage of those same developed pathways for nefarious purposes. Iā€™m all about fictional conflict, but stoking actual hate for the other fictional side rather than rivalry doesnā€™t do great things for people mentally. Yeah, itā€™s fiction, but in a video game like this the ā€œother sideā€ is still made up of players who are regular people. Thatā€™s where it starts to get iffy.

2 Likes

OP: ā€œThis will be a very long postā€
GD: ā€œWow, this post is way too long, I donā€™t want to read!!ā€

4 Likes

It was a requirement for an optional boss in black rock, ghost ogre

From vanilla?

So OP is like 15 years late?

I feel like OP is more referring to alliance vs horde though.

1 Like

/shrug
Ogres do it a lot

garroshā€™s mythic encounter had all the other leaders on spikes in stormwind.

but that was Garrosh, so

Fine.

Weā€™ll go burn that new world tree down. Thatā€™ll teachā€™em.

1 Like

I can get on board with that. Iā€™ll bring the lighter fluid if you bring the matches.

Remember Onyxia??

1 Like

Was she in alliance or horde? Because the faction war seems to be the issue here.

But in the grander schemeā€¦that means the OP is like 15 years late in the complaint?

No its not lmao do you not know who she is?

I am aware who she is.

But considering how much of this conversation has been about the faction warā€¦I asked the rhetorical question on which faction she is in.

If the issue is that NPCs donā€™t have bad things happen to them in generalā€¦thatā€™s just a completely ignorant statement. We had plenty of things of similar acts happen in dragonflight.

We donā€™t speak of the dishonorable Lady Prestor.

1 Like

I donā€™t think you read that guys rant

I miss the smaller scale stories

Onyxia was just one big black dragon. And she was a raid boss.

She had the cool storyline about infiltrating Stormwind in human form but she was still a dragon. It wasnā€™t gobs and gobs of exposition in human form all the time - which ruins the characters.

I really miss old WoW.

5 Likes