When Did the Horde Become Handicap Accessible?

2 Likes

You are completely correct. How many times over the last twenty years have the orcs, Thrall in particular, mentioned that they seek an “honorable death”? None of them seek to die from old age in a wheelchair and would do anything to prevent that to preserve their honor and the honor of their family line. They all desire to die gloriously in battle, because that is what their culture ties to honor.
This is a prime example of real life wokeness being inserted into modern WoW and overriding the lore of the entire games existence. Humans in wheelchairs are one thing they have a different culture and different values, orcs would end their own life before allowing that to happen.
It would have been far, far more immersive to see the alliance representing those in wheelchairs, using canes, amputees, ect and the horde having grave markers instead of treating both sides as different colored humans.

1 Like

My dude, I’ve seen countless HORDE players who want the Horde to be evil, one-dimensional monsters. Who constantly preach how Garrosh was the “only true warchief” and how Blizzard screwed him and made the Horde “boring and lame” because they’re not constantly at war with everyone and killing innocents and ruining the planet.

3 Likes

diversity hires.

1 Like

So he’s just faking being disabled just so the horde doesn’t cancel him? That’s even more insulting than not having him in a wheelchair in the first place. Oof.

2 Likes

Meanwhile how many blind blademasters have we’ve seen?

Y’all only conplain when it’s an orc in a wheel chair and they’d still be 50x more physically threatening than any one in here

Chud energy

7 Likes

The first and only reason to play horde. :relieved:

… not sure how my post got deleted…

Anyways, I was saying he would still beat me in an arm wrestling match and he has the best daily quest.

“I’m gonna YELL AT THESE PEOPLE! Then I’m gonna THROW THIS PILLOW! Now I’m gonna KICK THESE CANS! RAWR!”

Cracks me the fudge up.

2 Likes
1 Like

This was actually covered by their questlines. Thrall wouldn’t accept them because the Horde wasn’t a charity (putting it bluntly) but then they killed Darkhan or whatever hos name was, the leader of the Scourge in their area, and proved to Thrall they had some bite and were capable of looking after themselves.

The real question is: Why are Vulpera a part of the Horde? All they did was sort out a few chores that A), should never have been a problem to start with considering how long the Nightborne have been making Arcwine for and how disciplined the Orcs are supposed to be etc, and B), were supposed to be Baine’s duties to begin with. They didn’t prove their strength. They just enabled Baine’s incompetence in solving issues that never should have even been issues.

3 Likes

Wheelchairs are totally accepted among the Orcs. They just attach a little catapult on the back and call it a “Demolisher”.

5 Likes

Sir, you’re on the wrong faction.

We need those kinds of ideas over here.

2 Likes

The Horde now tolerates frail losers because the writers of this game are frail losers at heart. It’s that simple.

1 Like

I, for one, am all for wheelchairs as part of Horde canon :dracthyr_nod:

MARIO KART MINIGAME WHEN???

2 Likes

He says the following:

I have been fighting wars since I could hold an axe.

Meaning: his current handicap is more recent. Meaning: he earned the respect and honor at an older age.

You guys will complain and outrage about anything.

1 Like

Ah yes. And what about survivors of battles that get maimed but otherwise still compatible with life? Just have a friendly finish the job?

Do you one better: why is Baine a part of the Horde?

Since Cataclysm, we had a questline where the Forsaken were asking for help from Drek’thar, and he was in a wheelchair.

He said no, he was very upset at the Forsaken and what they did to Hillsbrad, upsetting the elements with their treachery, etc.

TLDR- Wheelchairs have been a thing since at least Cataclysm.

Also, Thrall’s Horde (basically what we’ve returned to since Sylvanas left) isn’t about pure brute strength, as long as you can contribute, you’re allowed to stay.

It’s moreso that everyone pulls their own weight, rather than just ‘no weakness allowed’.

Vulpera exist on the Horde now lol, they’re most certainly the ‘weakest’ Horde race at the moment, along with Goblins.

The whole “no weakness” thing was moreso Garrosh’s own idea, and ideals of the old, Dark Horde that was all about demon-blood and strength above all else, that’s not the case anymore because it had consequences.

2 Likes

There was also that whole Vol’dun campaign, but sure, Vulpera first contact was when they arrived in Org, went ‘UwU’ and the Horde went all-in on foxies.

1 Like