When did the community opinion on Calia change?

Na, that was already the bar for me. Warcraft has always been plagued by writers pets.

1 Like

So we shouldn’t expect nor ask for any improvements whatsoever.

Shouldn’t? People can ask or expect whatever they want. I didn’t tell anyone what to do.

That would require blizzard finally answering the question “What is Lordaeron?”.

The question they absolutely refuse to entertain because it would involve not lobotomizing the scarlet crusade.

She is nowhere near as bad as Med’an, thankfully he isn’t canon.

Lordaeron are the forsaken, the silver hand and the argent crusade. Those are the last remaining sane or saneish people of the land. Scarlet Crusade are way too far gone mentally. Argent Crusade are the sane ones that left and created their own group, who joined once again with the Silver hand and Tyr’s Guard.

That is Lordaeron.

I mean, the Arathi Highlands are part of Lordaeron, and Calia did die there…

This brings up something I’ve always wondered about. Who decided to reintroduce Calia by putting her in the priest order hall, and did they have any other plans or hopes for her in the long run? It wasn’t Golden; she was never a quest designer, and her comments about writing “Before the Storm” would imply that she was pleasantly surprised to learn that Calia had appeared in Legion. I’m not aware of anything pre-Legion that would have hinted at Calia being a priest class-wise, so why bring her into the game there? Also, why did Blizzard want a Light-raised undead as a plot point in that novel, if Calia wasn’t originally planned to be part of it? Was there a different existing character they had in mind, or was that going to be someone completely new?

We may never know, sometimes i wish i could be a fly on the wall and know exactly why they make the decisions they do, cause bringing calia back at all and not just me’daning her was a can of worms i don’t think they were prepared to open

2 Likes

Given they loaded “CALIA’S SON LIVES AND IS HEIR TO LORDAERON” with the Scarlets, my bet is on someone that likes Scarlets.

I’ll leave it to you to imagine who might have liked Scarlets whilst working there.

My money would be on Danuser. He was just a quest guy at the time.

I’m not aware of any indication that Danuser worked on the priest order hall, only that he worked on the hunter order hall campaign. Also, the “Scarlets have Calia’s son the true heir of Lordaeron” propaganda came out way later, after “Before the Storm” had established that Calia had a daughter and after she had become undead, none of which was foreshadowed when she showed up in Legion, so there’s no particular reason to think that was all due to the same devs.

On a side note, whoever did work on the priest order hall completely messed up Zabra Hexx by making him a shadow priest. The only reason he was ever particularly noteworthy was that he had learned to follow the Light after reading books he found while sheltering in the library of what would eventually become the Scarlet Monastery, and was therefore a holy or discipline priest.

tbf that was also the expac that took a dump on any faith outside of gold god worship or light worship

4 Likes

She is still bad. Her entire personality is being nice to the alliance and nothing else.

1 Like

But you forgot a major important difference. She is a hot dead lady. Bingo, can’t go against that.

literally only MHPs like her.

I can’t see Calia as being hot for the same reason I never got the “everyone who doesn’t think Sylvanas is the worst thinks shes hot” claims from years back

2 Likes

Really underlining that the Council exists for the Alliance to be happy not the Horde.

6 Likes

Mainly Calia exists as an attempt to pacify the alliance extremists who wanted Lordaeron to go alliance.

2 Likes

Yet another BfA “compromise” that just ensured no one was happy.

8 Likes

I mean something has to kill them. I actually really liked the quest as I’ve kind of become numb to WoW’s spider models but those new ones bothered me. I was legitimately most reminded of this scene from Aliens, especially with the beasties popping out’ve people;

I really have to give that quest a round of applause as I have never wanted to get out of a cave more in WoW.

3 Likes