When did the classes you play feel the most fun for you?

There aren’t any anymore.

I’d say BFA 8.3.

MoP/WoD for sure.

9.0 was a lot of fun to be an HPal, then the sad times came.

Shadow definitely felt like Legion was the last time it was fun. I haven’t played it successfully since. I’m also kind of partial to Paladin in Wrath when it was beast, same with DK I like what they did with DK in legion and it’s semi-playable now, but nothing beats when it was a free wrecking machine. Right out of the noob zone and into the 59 bracket was bonkers.

My hunter(not this one) which I’m playing on, has been my main character since early/mid TBC. Prior to then I mostly tanked as a warrior, while my hunter was still in the lower levels.

The most fun I’ve ever had with my hunter was between the end of WotLK, up until the pre-patch for Legion hit. For that entire time, I played as Survival. The theme of being a munitions expert and trapper really clicked with me.

If anything, I can but hope that the devs will eventually return that theme/playstyle as an option for the class, preferably as an addition to the class, not as a replacement to something that we already have.

1 Like

Legion felt good for the classes I like most - guardian/mistweaver.

Loved mop and wod pvp.

Fistweaving in MoP, I’ve never had so much fun.

1 Like

Legion. Probs because they seriously rethought every class and how to best bring out each spec’s flavour into the abilities.

Enhancement Shamans had rockbiter. Had its flaws, sure, but it was still an earth-based offensive ability. But i guess, as long as they still have earth shield, the full elemental spectrum is covered.

But, tbh, im pretty happy with all the classes I play right now. Especially with Frost DK getting 2H.

Wrath and cata. Pending for fun again.

3 Likes

Well my Blood DK is fun right now. It’s been fun for a while, but with the Necrolord power, it’s even better.

Jump into an area, ride around, aggro as much as he can, suck 'em all in, and mow 'em down. With that spinny, swirling, mob sucking Necrolord power, it’s even better.

I will miss that next expansion.

1 Like

Legion imo. i started it at the end of WoD though but went in BfA and it felt kinda meh. even now it feels kinda meh. it’s not bad it just feels like the same ole same ole imo.

i personally think it felt fun because it was something new to me. after playing it for 6 years straight though yea it kind of dulls down.

Legion Affliction Warlock only because of Infernal pets being a permanent non-CD pet.

I miss it. I want my Infernal pet back. :sob:

Cata-WoD. WoD had some pruning, but overall the classes had the same feel as they did during MoP. There were a couple minor things that bugged me (I didn’t like colossus smash for fury warriors for one thing, and I think there were tweaks that could be made to balance 2h/dw for frost dk) but overall MoP was probably when I had the most fun with how classes played.

2h frost for life! I never want to use a 1h as frost ever again (same with my ww monk). I’m glad that SMF fury is a thing again.

Frost Mage PvP in Wrath/Cata.
Blood DK now in PvE, Cata in PvP.
Destruction Warlock, now.
BM Hunter, Mists.

I enjoyed my hunter the most in WoD. I enjoyed my Warrior and Druid the most in Wrath. I enjoyed my Rogue the most in Cata. I enjoyed my Shaman the most in MoP.

Druid tank during WoD in Ashran.

WoD. I loved H Paladin, H and S Priest, A Mage. WoD Shadow Priest was the smoothest iteration of the spec and I love that they gave us the option to go DoT Spec or Mind Spike focus.

Pre-ToC Wrath of the Lich King Holy/Ret Paladin was the most fun I had on Paladins.

Hunter/Shaman Mail + the right amount of Holy and Retribution Talents and a fast 1-hander with a good spellpower shield = Melee healer with free zero cost Flash of Light guaranteed crits every other GCD.

Combined with proper beacon usage, Seal of Light up-time, and Holy Shock you were out-healing the Holy Priests and Resto Druids while doing middle of the pack DPS.

Required you to be very on the ball, but was very rewarding. Then like three weeks after I got it all built and figured out the patch came in that locked you to talent trees and that was that. Back to spamming regular old flashes of light until the damage phase where you switch to holy shock for fast-cast holy lights. ./sigh

The 96 96 tanking rotation was pretty fun, too. Once you learned the pulls you could relax and actually look at the encounter, effects, art, and world design. So of course it had to be destroyed. Light forbid a raider does anything other than look at their ability bars and their add-on that tells them to move away from fire.

It would be hard to pick a specific time for each spec or even class for that matter…but I can definitely say NO spec or class would be put in the BfA or SL spot. The “unpruning” I largely hated with next to no specs gaining buttons I missed or overly value today. All it did was make already bloated bars worse and some have way too many now. If anything, I think alot of the unpruned buttons should have been kept as PvP talents/choices.

Edit - I will say there are specific modern improvements I do like. For example, monks being able to channel and move with fist of fury is nice. I’d still put my overall enjoyment of monks (especially BM) between Mists or WoD before BfA or SL though.