When are we getting captcha in the AH

Robots are actually better at doing captcha than real people.

I’m trying to imagine how a “regular player” not using any sort of automation could list and maintain 5000 postings a day. I simply can’t.

Have you used the AH since the 8.3 revamp? It’s incredibly simple.

1 Like

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

On the big, profitable realms. Move to a low pop realm. The bots usually don’t bother as much with low pop realms.

I have. And I still can’t imagine how a player using zero automation could even keep up on 500. I’m convinced that a lot of players are kidding themselves about their own actions.

AH Bots have been a problem since Vanilla afaik.

The situation is worse now so changes have to be made.

It is bad on all realms. When you have LIFO system botting becomes more obvious.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

I disagree.
The AH was already causing server issues before the changes, and even after issues still crop up.
Anyone posting more than 500 auctions a day is going above and beyond reasonable use, imo.
The game would benefit overall with daily limits.
People who constantly repost auctions are not good for the game and never have been.

1 Like

I predicted that when they switched to a LIFO system it would be worse for the average player and botting would ramp up.

Here we are.

2 Likes

With TSM, pretty easily. I’m sure I’ve had that many up at one time before, though I don’t do as much past expansion farming these days so I don’t have as much transmog circulating at the moment.

you guys will never be happy until blizzard eliminates any and all competition you have - if you were competing against a bot on that auction house you would be lucky because they could be tricked. Little harder with someone who can actually think and adjust on the other end.

2 Likes

Bots can be trained to do any checks in a game, doesn’t help. Captchas are not immune to bots.

I can’t even make an outlook account because they make you do something to create one now and I can’t pass the test. Those types of things discriminate against people.

Yes. And I consider TSM to be automation if it can manage 100x the number of auctions a normal player can.

1 Like

True it falls under the grey area of acceptable for now.

We shall see how long that lasts though.

I don’t post a lot of auctions anymore, so don’t have a personal stake in this discussion, I just hate to see players further limited because blizz can’t ban bots. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Then you don’t know what automation is :man_shrugging:t5:

I push a button for every auction.

3 Likes

TSM is easily more damaging to the game and its economy than multiboxing ever was.
It’s like the decursive of AH sales.
Zero thought to use and abuse it once you set it up.

That’s a reasonable concern but realistically how many people are posting 1000’s of auctions per day?
I’ve made millions off the AH this expansion alone and I never post more than maybe 100 a day.

3 Likes

TSM is automated but the automated part isn’t interacting with the game so it is okay, i.e the scan is automated. The posting and cancelling are not.

Yanno, I keep seeing people talk about or hearing people mention TSM, but I’m not sure if I should even bother. I usually post less than 50 auctions a day.