When are we getting captcha in the AH

How many vulpera do you see in this image

9 Likes

Type the letters you see below.
You cannot send that, it contains reserved words.

1 Like

Click on the squares that contain Hogger.

Is that a joke?

1 Like

No.

Botting situation is out of control now on the AH.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

2 Likes

It always has been. Your solution to this is to make the AH objectively worse for every player instead? Awful.

3 Likes

It’s super cute that you think bots couldn’t get past a captcha

3 Likes

It isn’t hard to program bots to solve captcha these days. There are even Chrome Extensions for them.

we’ve had AH bots forever. Back in cata, there was a guy who was clearly botting his gem auctions. This guy posted/reposted for 24 hours a day 7 days a week. you could see him in undercity walking the same path between the bank and the auctioneer. day after day after day. blizz did nothing.

complain about it and you get the standard “they ban in waves so they can learn how the bots work” line.

considering how long obvious bots are allowed to continue, it’s kind of hard to come to any conclusion other than blizz not being overly interested in taking action.

8 Likes

the googly eyes :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Captcha costs money?

I think there would be some gnome who would make an addon to solve the AH captchas. :blush:

Or maybe a non-gnome like a void elf :angry:

Wouldn’t it just be easier to block the hooks for all AH addons?

1 Like

probably.

but the majority of players who use AH addons don’t bot.

if you don’t want to have to repost, lower your price a bit. Bots will refuse to undercut you

You’ll take TSM from my cold dead hands.

I ain’t no robot. I got fleshy bits and everything.

Just limited the posting to 500/day.

that’s nothing.

and no. regular non-botting players shouldn’t have significant limits placed on them because blizz can’t take swift action on bots.