When are those ret nerfs going live?

The ret was playing with a Demo and Holy priest.

honestly i get about the same aimed and huge arcane shots pretty much all classes crit over 100k

MM, Arcane, Destruction, Arms.

:woman_shrugging:

I have seen Arcane with some big hits. None of those other specs are capable of that.

1 Like

280k in .3s though?

3 Likes

Show me the arms warrior, or destro lock doing 280k in a global.

Most I’ve seen is sodachuggerx getting deleted by back to back 140k crits from an mm hunter

2 Likes

Yea, lots of people saying MM with explosive shot, but you can see that damage coming from a mile away.

It was aimed shot for 140k kill shot for like 160k lol

1 Like

This guy is trolling, right?
No one else is complaining about other spec’s burst now, are they?
Have some conscience in what you defend, 280k in 0.3 secs

1 Like

So you haven’t seen any other spec in game global another player?

A single class in a single global? Only shamans and current rets come to mind

Update: It happened again. This time in a 2s match. This is basically an execute from half health. This is broken. It’s consistently happening.

Imgur

1 Like

Probably around the same time you learn to hit defensives.

Devastation can global people with successive crits on Eternity Surge and Fire Breath during our burst window, but that also isn’t healthy or ok.

Biggest difference between ret and ele or dev burst is frequency. As horrific as ele design is I haven’t been randomly globaled by them but one time in a while. Dev will global you one out of every five goes. Ret does it seemingly every round. Feels like it’s a 1/3rd or 1/2 chance that a ret is just going to delete someone if they connect with CDs up. With dev in specific our burst is also far more telegraphed, far more stoppable, we can only even attempt it half as often, and dev is far less powerful between goes. Dev further sacrifices net sustain damage by even attempting the highest burst combo, due to the shortened duration of the max empower Fire Breath DoT.

The only thing that seems comparable to the consistency of ret damage currently are MM hunters, but that damage isn’t as severe and hunters have actual weaknesses to exploit, while ret does not. It really is bananas to me to give a spec the burst damage ceiling that ret has and a mere one minute downtime on their goes and make them an incredibly powerful support class all the while. No spec should be built around globaling kids, but at least if that’s most of the spec’s power budget there’s some semblance of balance even if the gameplay is still toxic.

2 Likes

Okay troll.

youre comparing rets to devokers? what?

ill be honest i forgot about dev evokers

Then I’ll have to assume you’re a WoW dev.

Ha

Ha

Ha

=*)

…

Please send help the dragonfolk are all so depressed.

3 Likes

Lol suuuure, dunno how you can get more telegraphed than the glowing Ret Paladin dropping even more glowing mechanics all over you.

Sorry if you don’t like the truth, if you’re getting hit by 90k DS you didn’t press any defensives. All this stuff trackable too, so it’s not like you couldn’t see it coming.

I only played it a bit but I think that Evoker is Preservation and they were like “Oh, I guess we have to give them a dps spec as well”. Also curious as to how late into the expansion they’ll add mog and more visages.

2 Likes