When a single realm is down

Yeah, that sounds annoying. Rest easy knowing it’ll get fixed soon and it’s also bothering streamers.

1 Like

I knew this server would be busy because of streamers and I wanted a large community, but I underestimated the DDoSers.

1 Like

Billions of dollars and Blizz still can’t hire devs that ask.

“Hey, what should we do if people get caught in a disconnect loop? Should we allow them to choose another server to play on?”

1 Like

Unlike retail, your character lives on a server, so if it goes down, you can’t play him until it comes back up. Unlike retail, the game isn’t cross-realm, and it’s done that way purposely to preserve server community. It is what it is.

Just so we are clear, I am not my “character” and I am referring to my ability to play the game not my “character’s” ability to play in his world.

Nobody has characters on different servers? Just one right?

Any dev can ask that. They just didn’t because they were overworked in other ways. In other words typical Activision garbage leadership is to blame.

Well then, that’s a personal issue. If/when a single server goes down, I have no problem logging in and switching to a different toon on a new server.

Edit: But typically a server doesn’t go down, it’s usually the login system or something like that, which that would prevent you from playing at all, yes.

Go for a walk outside nerd, quit junking up the forums

^^^ Junking up the forums with posts that don’t contribute anything to the conversation.

No, that is not what Sharding does. Sharding is same-server; it creates an entire duplicate of the server and links them.

it is not now, and has never been, a form of CRZ.

Woooooooosshhhh

You should probably stab out your eyes before you fill your mind with all the forum’s “junk.”

I wish I had a time machine so I could go back to 15 minutes ago before I opened this useless thread

Yea but you can’t so you replied yet again in it. Smart move! Clearly demonstrating how smart you are!

Smart enough to know how to choose a different realm from the realm list. Do all retail players need their hands held this much?

I mean you didn’t even read anything I wrote so you must be the smartest player to ever exist. I’m just a dumb cutting edge retail player, you know, the dumbest and easiest content in the game.

Being the smartest kid in special ed isn’t something to brag about

Wrong. CRZ is part of the sharding mechanic. Thanks for playing though

No it isnt.

CRZ spins up copies of individual zones, which are then shared between servers.

Sharding makes a duplicate of the entire world server (all zones), and is restricted to one server.

Sharding has actually never been used on the live game, and was created solely for Classic.

Its almost like they did an interview about this very thing and explained exactly how it works.

Oh yeah, they did.

Wrong again. Layering is what you are referring to. It was made for classic. Sharding is a retail mechanic that is responsible for CRZ among other things.