What's your opinion on this build?

I know new stuff is coming out soon, I’m looking for now. I don’t mind upgrading parts down the road. How’s this PC build look? Is it good? is it ok? is it overkill? I primarily play WoW.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Processor (8x 3.6GHZ/32MB L3 Cache)
Processor Cooling iBUYPOWER DEEPCOOL GAMERSTORM RGB 360mm CASTLE 360EX Liquid Cooler
Memory 16GB [8GB x2] DDR4-3200MHz G.SKILL
Video Card NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super - 8GB GDDR6 - EVGA BLACK (VR-Ready)
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING - WiFi 6, ARGB Header (2), USB 3.2 Ports (1 Type-C, 7 Type-A), M.2 Slot (2)
Power Supply 800 Watt - High Power - 80 PLUS Gold
Primary Hard Drive 1 TB WD Blue SN550 M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD
Monitor 27" [2560 x 1440] ASUS TUF VG27BQ HDR Gaming Monitor - 165Hz 0.4ms - Single Monitor

Motherboard is a bit overkill unless there are features you really want on there.

My only concern is the Power Supply Roulette you’re going to have to play. Doesn’t seem like iBuypower has many options.

Otherwise, try to see if that EVGA gpu can qualify for the EVGA Step up program.

1 Like

ok, how about this motherboard instead?

GIGABYTE X570 AORUS ELITE WIFI - WiFi , ARGB Header (2), USB 3.2 Ports (6 Type-A), M.2 Slot (2)

Also as far as the power supply, do you mean I should upgrade to a more powerful one? The only step up I see is:

1050 Watt - Standard 80 PLUS Gold, Fully Modular

And also the video card that’s the best one shown in the list on this particular build.

It’s almost the same build I put together for my wife’s gaming system. I used an Asus TUF X570 motherboard though. It works really well. Paired it with watercooling and a NZXT case. Quiet, fast, and hasn’t had a lick of problems.

Caveat: I don’t tweak rigs. I just set everything to default and let it run. I find that every time I try to tweak a modern PC it just causes system instability in weird ways.

Thanks, so how does WoW run on her system? What settings?

Also now I’m debating. AMD or Intel?

She runs max settings @ 2560x1440 and gets 100 FPS in the open world. Pretty standard to be honest. For comparison I have an i5 8600k with a GTX 1070 and get roughly the same performance.

Honestly, I’d just go with whichever you can get at the best price. The differences between platforms is pretty much a wash. IMO, you can’t go wrong with either Intel or AMD.

1 Like

I have an Ryzen 5 3600 paired with an RTX 2070 and a 1440p/144hz monitor and play at max settings with similar results to the poster above. You should be fine.

2 Likes

This looks like good stuff, and I wish I could afford it.
But; if I could afford this, I could afford a better monitor, 32gb of memory, a WD Black SSD and I’d want to know who made my case and who made the fans IN the case. That board will/should support the next wave of processors coming out. That’s a big chunk of last wave’s tech you’ll be buying, that GPU. I suppose though it’ll do, till the new wave breaks… LoL. Your PSU, make your best guess as to what you are GOING to have after a CPU and GPU upgrade. If you got that, then you can get a good estimate of what your PSU is going to have to provide.
First thing? Better Monitor.

Alright, here’s a final build. How’s this one? I tweaked it a little bit. around $2,244. I googled each part individually and total I came up with if I parted it out and did it myself was $2,527

Could I wait a few months and these parts are cheaper? Sure.

Case Lian Li LANCOOL II Tempered Glass RGB Gaming Case
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Processor (8x 3.6GHZ/32MB L3 Cache)
Processor Cooling iBUYPOWER DEEPCOOL GAMERSTORM RGB 120mm CASTLE 120EX Liquid Cooler
Memory 32 GB [16 GB x2] DDR4-3200MHz Corsair Vengeance PRO RGB
Video Card NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super - 8GB GDDR6 - EVGA BLACK (VR-Ready)
Motherboard GIGABYTE X570 AORUS ELITE WIFI - WiFi , ARGB Header (2), USB 3.2 Ports (6 Type-A), M.2 Slot (2)
Power Supply 800 Watt - High Power - 80 PLUS Gold
Primary Hard Drive 1 TB WD Blue SN550 M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD
INCLUDED KB + MOUSE INCLUDED - iBuypower RGB Gaming Keyboard + iBuyPower Gaming Mouse
INCLUDED WARRANTY INCLUDED
INCLUDED WINDOWS 10 HOME INCLUDED
Operating System Windows 10 Home - (64-bit)
Monitor 31.5" [2560 x 1440] ASUS ROG Strix XG32VQR Curved HDR Gaming Monitor - 144Hz 4ms - Single Monitor

Performance wise it’s perfectly fine, it’ll play every game at High-Max settings. For WoW, it’s a bit overkill, but whatevs, most PC’s are nowadays.

As far as saving money, you can cut back to 16gb of ram if you want. It won’t make much of a difference if you’re just gaming, and if it’s a noticeable savings on Ibuypower (like if the difference is 30 bucks, just keep the 32gb)

Monitor wise, do you wanna play on a 100 dollar Dell, or your 600 dollar curved screen with all the bells and whistles. It’s up to you.

when i was talking about the Power Supply Roulette,
its not that 750w is not enough, its just you don’t know which power supply you’re going to get.

Awhile it could be 80+ cert it may on the lower end of the spectrum.
However it should be good enough for majority of people.

Changes I would suggest.

Cooling: Aim for a 240mm AIO, better cooling for not much more.

Memory: You can drop down to 16GB if gaming is your priority. I have 32GB for work purposes, but when I’m not using it for work, I barely scratch 12GB for gaming with chrome/firefox running a ton of tabs.

GPU: If you can use the step up program from EVGA. You might be able to snag a RTX 3080. Otherwise no comment.

Motherboard: Asus TUF should be more than enough for you. It even has some extras such as Type C USB.

Power Supply: Not much of a selection to go off of, but whatever they supply you should be good enough.

Monitor: Do a quick search around to see if Amazon/Newegg/Best Buy has it for cheaper.

Wait till next month. AMD Zen 3 is coming and graphic card prices will crash. RTX 3070 (RTX 2080 Ti performance) is at $499.

Asus boards have better VRM cooling. MSI X570 Tomahawk is another option.

Switch the power supply to either one of these

Seasonic Focus GX 750W
NZXT C750
Corsair RM750x

Transcend MTE 220S 1TB has extremely high endurance rating of 2200 TBW.

1 Like

Better.
I wonder, why are you choosing to use just 2 of the 4 ram slots?
Monitor is better, and I am pretty sure Dell doesn’t have a 31" monitor for 100$…
or 24"…
The WD Black SN750 m.2 PCIe NVMe SSD is faster than the Blue, and has the same warranty. Someone will point out to you that the speed difference is not meaningful , and the Blue writes big files better or some damn thing.
The Black is faster. The Black comes with Game Oriented software. The Blue does not. Best wishes.

Yea I’d wait and pick up a system with the RTX 3070 since the PC build should cost about the same as with the 2070.

looking at the ibuypower site you are probably better off with the corsair RMX 750, more then enough power for any single card out there and well built. Even with the 2070 super you won’t be pushing more then 50% of that PSU.

funny as techspot has those exact two SSds in game load tests today with the difference being between 0 and .5 seconds in each test but hey facts vs hyperbole in modern times, I know they are hard to separate.

they literally state the OEM in the name…highpower (aka Sirtec, aka Sirfa). They made PSU for OCZ & rosewill (among others) for years.

$499 RTX 3070

/laughs in Goblin

They’ll be $1000 on ebay, and found nowhere else.

1 Like

with a 2070 super @ 1440p you won’t see much difference, you won’t go wrong with either

1 Like

Welp, TiL type of thing.
Thought it was just them saying a “high power” power supply.

Understandable, it’s a generic name they use for their brand. Somewhat like HEC when they created the Cougar brand.