What's your highest level death?

Finally happened last night, less than a bar from 37 in Duskwallow Marsh. I was trying to turn in a mage quest to that one quest giver Tabetha in the middle of nowhere and got turned around. I used almost all my tools. I blinked, ice blocked, novaed, cold snapped, and did it all again, potion, engi dummy. Every time I would drop aggro on one overleveled creature, I would aggro another. Finally, at a sliver of HP I dropped aggro and started bandaging, only to immediately aggro another whelp. Regretfully, I realized I could have used sleep powder and hearthed out, but I’m pretty zen about the whole thing. It was a lot of money and time to lose but at least I recently blinged out a level 6 warrior and gave him full 10 slot bags.

The era of Antiracist has come to an end, but the era of Antifascist has just begun.

2 Likes

I got my shaman to level 7 and died to a level 12 mob I have never in 19 years even heard of much less seen.

2 Likes

One of the nicest things about Hardcorpse is how it forces you to really pay attention to your surroundings again.

1 Like

Back to 22 so far. Then again im plating on nightmare mode.

Hunter
No pet
No ranged weapon

It has veen fun so far.

2 Likes

That’s just downright masochistic, God love ya’.

Enjoy, duder.

1 Like

Been a hunter since actual vanilla. It is interesting to take an entirely new approach on leveling the class. Traps feel much more useful, avoidance and defensive stats are much more valuable because of mongoose bite and counterstrike (once i have that talent). I have +11 defence rating at lvl 22. And between aotMonkey, gear, etc i am at 27% chance to dodge/parry. Casters are the issue for me, but i can beat them through cleaver trap useage, los, etc. If you are just outside of a casters melee range, but still close they will take a step toward you before they recast. Using this i lead them into traps which helps a lot.

2 Likes

Me too.

I self-identify as a dwarf hunter.

Not going to lie, you make it sound interesting.

I might give it a whirl after I get at least one of my toons to 60.

1 Like

Just keep in mind you are a lot weaker due to much lower damage output. And spend the gold on good weapons, makes a huge difference.

2 Likes

I make most of my own gear, but buy the best weapons I can afford.

1 Like

don’t taunt muesli like that

2 Likes

Wait until she finds out I have three toons over lvl 20.

2 Likes

I’ve only two now after deleting my hpal to keep the peace in our household. Thought I was doing pretty good too considering the rush to try to finish work on the house. Sadly it ain’t happening soon.

But maybe I get to play more.
Or not. Spouse is able to retire by EOY on a buyout in her agency.
success kid meme here

1 Like

Woooot!

I negotiated my absolute last day with Goldman as December 16th.

Still looking at NGOs as the possible next thing, though the wife isn’t too sure about that.

1 Like

I’ve been playing an absurd amount.

I counted the other day and I have 13 toons at or above lvl 10.

wtf ngl im sorta jealous
but that’s just the plumbing headaches making me trip
grats on the wrap up though

1 Like

Yeah, I know, it’s a little embarrassing.

I’m not even bothering to turn the sound off when I’m in Zoom meetings now.

2 Likes

LMAOOO
rock on

please to mute for dongle calls

1 Like

Verela appears to be a night elf.

Am I doing this right?

3 Likes

I’d accuse her of being an Ivanka alt, but she managed to hit lvl 60.

3 Likes

I’ll be honest, I don’t pay enough attention to the forums to understand what kind of drama is going on but it has been entertaining to watch. You seem to have ruffled some feathers and I’m here for it.

2 Likes