What's your goto addon?

I recently found ELVui. Heard of it, tried it before but alot of configuration. Then I found a video of a gent who had it set up and shared his config. I was able to release like 5 addons just by adding this one. Clean UI, clean chat and a lot more. I am not promoting it but curious as what is everyone’s favorite addon I may be missing…

2 Likes

Plater name plates is great. Once I got it set up, I cannot go back to when I used to play without it.

Behind that is Shadowed Unit Frames.

Weak Auras for third place.

WeakAuras is insanely powerful, can do a nutty amount of things. UIchanges, raid timers, PVP timers, raid call-outs better than DMB. Its super powerful.

+1 for WeakAuras

1 Like

Addons I kinda can’t play without

• Atlas Loot

Great to just look at raid/dungeon loot and professions.

• Details

Nice to know how much damage your doing.

• ElvUI

Made my own UI and yes it took me ages though it’s nothing crazy.

• ProjectAzilroka

An ElvUI plugin that makes ElvUI even better,

• TSM

I’d be a broke B without it, makes the AH so much more manageable.

• Weakauras

Endless uses, literally.

1 Like

I got a lot of addons and tons of QoL WAs.
Sure, you got like a set of basic addons, WA, Bagnon, Atlas, Advanced Interface options, Details etc etc etc.

But here are some other niche ones I use:

1. Champion’s Purse WotLK - simple addons to select gold bag at Argent Tournament quests lol
  2. BlizzMove - to move all UI elements freely.
  3. Chat Cleaner - I actually love it. Instead 'f saying "You’ve looted 10 gold 79 Copper, it just makes the message look like “+41g71s20c” and uses coin icons and not g/s/c. Same goes for reps and items.
  4. Chef’s hat auto equip - equips hat when cooking window is open
  5. DeModal - removes restrictions on how many UI elements can be open. So you can open EVERYTHING and nothing cancels each other out.
    6, GreyonCooldown
  6. HideBattleNetFriends
  7. LFGAllMembers
  8. LS: Toasts
  9. MakeitStop - Blocks “No Player named is currently online” messages
  10. Quick reload - allows to /rl instead of /reload
  11. Spellbook scroll
  12. SpellAutoMaxRank - button and it auto replaces lower ranks with max rank.
  13. TokenTier - for dungeons. Just adds a line in tooltip if its Tier 7 or 8.
  14. tullaRange - can’t live without it.
  15. WIM - whisper chat
  16. Xloot - different UI for loot and open rolls. I love it. Been using it for like 10 years.
  17. Vocal Raid Assistant - It just says “Shield Wall” “Last Stand” “Tranquility” etc out loud. In voice. to me. So when dsac goes off, or any raid cooldown, I hear it. And in options you can just check/uncheck what you want to hear.

And some WA examples

1. Crosshair for mouse pointer.
  2. Cursor Circle Helper
  3. Don’t Release WA - it goes away when Heroism debuff goes away
  4. Easy Buy - WA for gems and emblems exchange. Just a small UI to just click on it to get what you need.
  5. Gamma Reminders - reminder to turn in quest. Shows up only in Dalaran when complete.
  6. Innervate + Brez announcer
  7. Raidwide MD and Tricks announcer
  8. MUTE Beacon of Light - HUGE ONE. NGL it’s so refreshing.
  9. RaidCooldowns - uses DBM for timers, but it’s so easy to now track what’s next and when.
  10. Ulduar Teleporter - simply puts all boss names next to the teleporter names in Ulduar.
  11. Stun announcer

So yeah, it’s all like minor QOL of life stuff.

If you reload so much that you need an addon to make it faster why not just have a /reload macro?

2 Likes

Bagnon and Dominos, cant play without them…

because /rl is easier

Clique for healing/binding. It’s better than mouseover macros or the DF version of Clique that’s now built into the game.

I’ve used Grid2 as a raid frame replacement for years. I can use the default Blizzard one after they improved it, but I still prefer to have the level of control I have in Grid2.

Weakauras for timers and alerts. Also used it in DF for an improved dragonriding UI.

Bagnon and Questie are the only two I use.

3 Likes

Don’t release is excellent, sadly people install it, use it and still don’t pay attention. :confused:

Mute BOL – I’mma have to get me some of this. I had forgotten how annoying that sound is.

Appreciate all the responses. I use almost all of what all of you have mentioned. Dominoes was my favorite but after finding ELVui I kind let that addon take over like 5 addons thus reducing some resources and of course managing 5 less addons.

ElvUI. I’ve never realized how much I can’t play without it until I started playing the Cata beta, I’ve died so many times because I’m just not paying attention to my health, my eyes never go to the top left of my screen

2 Likes

just cuz I never really looked at it…what other mods does ElfUI replace? I wouldnt mind “thinning” up my mod list some

Well base ElvUI would replace Dominos and Bagnon, I don’t know what else it would replace without you saying what else you use.

1 Like

grid and clique

1 Like

elvui supersedes bagnon, bigdebuffs, and dominos completely; it can also do most of the things leatrix does. It has the ability to do all the things plater can do but the problem is it has low traction. Plater already has all the users. You could “replace” it if you really wanted, but you’d lose the the ease of importing profiles from all the existing plater users. For example if you want to copy chanimal’s arena plate setup, you gotta use plater to import it, because that’s what he uses. You’ll likely end up even disabling that module within elvui just cuz you wanna copy existing plater profiles that other players already spent hundreds of hours fine tuning.

1 Like

Spell Activation Overlay

2 Likes

Mini-map, UI in general, dominos, any bag addon, unit frames, and the ability to move any frame.