What's your favorite iteration of Arms and why?

More so than the other two specs, I’ve seen a lot of discussion about what people would like to change about arms in its current form. So in the spirit of keeping the conversation going about what people would like to see unpruned/changed/reworked/etc for Shadowlands, I’m very curious to know: which expansion had your favorite version of Arms warrior?

Cataclysm. I think that was my favorite version. I’m sure it’s not the most popular, but I had a lot of fun with it.

Agreed.

The 1 thing I’d change for retail is remove sharpen blades. Give us half the DMG boost as a passive for MS and let MS have 50% healing reduction baseline.

Min-maxers thought process is not that hard to predict

if the spec performs no matter if its broken , they will play it even if they hate it . :rofl:

I know a lot of people gonna disagree, but I’m enjoying BfA Arms a lot. Its not perfect by any means, and would change some things about it, but I could see this sticking around in the next xpac. With some tweaks it would be pretty awesome.

I will say wrath of the lich king iteration of warrior was pretty fun as well.

1 Like

WoD arms I did well in twos especially paired with a rdruid or hpal

I remember WoD arms and Legion Arms fondly. But to be honest Arms has consistently been overshadowed by fury for raid dps in the past. I havent had the opportunity to play it nearly as much as I would have liked.

If you ignore parts of Cata, WoD, over half of Legion, and the first tier of BFA, sure.

And why does arms have to be better than fury for you to play it, if you want to play it. That makes no sense.

1 Like

Current arms is actually very fun to play. I can’t remember a lot from back in the day, but it’s always feels the same really.

MoP was fun with the 5 stack heroic strike in PvP though.

2 Likes

Personally I liked the basic kit of WOTLK Arms, MS on CD, Rend on the target, Use OP or Execute when they proc, Spam execute at execute :stuck_out_tongue:

Firstly, can you comment on anything without making accusing comments insinuating the poster isnt as smart as you?

Secondly, I’m not concerned with playing the best spec. The problem I have is that there is content that I can’t complete as arms. Soloing elites for example as fury is a breeze , where as it’s a genuine struggle for arms.

Thirdly, this is my opinion, not sure why you’re coming at me like that.

1 Like

You’re more concerned with a spec that can solo elites than the stronger spec. Ignoring that arms can solo elites without much issue, why would you include “arms has consistently been overshadowed by fury for raid dps in the past. I haven’t had the opportunity to play it nearly as much as I would have liked” which is directly insinuating that, you don’t get to play arms as much as you want, because fury is stronger in raid.

You can’t really take umbrage at being misrepresented when you apparently misrepresented yourself.

It has nothing to do with my intelligence. It has to do with you making a blatantly false statement.

Opinions, on an objective topic (which spec’s strength is), are worth very little.

I’m sorry. I must have misread the topic. What part of “What is YOUR FAVORITE iteration of arms” don’t you get.
You’re picking a fight in an Opinion thread where I stated my Opinion that I liked arms in wod and legion but that I didn’t get to play it as much as I would have liked. I’m not interested in arguing with you about this as it’s pointless and you’d rather feel right about something that has no definitive conclusion.

1 Like

You literally made a definitive, objective statement that was wrong, and that I argued against.

Again, opinion… I felt that fury overshadowed arms.

1 Like

I don’t think we know how drez feels and you feel upset because you feel he is coming at you in a negative way when to a 3rd party he is simply stating an objection to your claim

That’s a fair statement. I do feel defensive. His commentary is only contradictory he’s not adding to the conversation he’s only attacking my perspective.

1 Like

“My favorite water is X brand.”

“Water isn’t good for you.”

What is with you and those "rofl"mojis?

:thinking:

1 Like

Should just of left it they say it was in legion With Tactician Mastery small chance of resetting smash and MS . And I’m pretty sure I remember execute being beefy . Doesn’t seem very useful right now , in don’t see my Dps jumping a whole lot in execute phase .

1 Like