What's up with the Night Elves getting brutalized every expansion?

I think WoD is the only one that they were ignored.
Other than that in almost every single one they are being smacked left and right.

I really can’t think of any reason other than Blizzard must be racist towards them.
Maybe its the dark purple skin.

Who knows.

6 Likes

Hyperbruh.

To be straight honest, everything is their fault… They are not done paying for their screw ups.

And yet Tyrande still hasn’t learnt her lesson in being humble.

8 Likes

Nothing even close to the high elves.

Blizzard has basically screwed up Night Elves since their inception in WoW.

The Darkshore questline is probably the closest WoW’s gotten to what the Warcraft 3 Night Elves were like.

6 Likes

Anduin’s gonna need to tell her to hush harder.

1 Like

Unpopular opinion but I think people just notice it more because it’s the night elves, if it were gnomes, draenei, dwarves, or humans etc. I rarely hear anyone complain, and some of those said races are treated even more horribly in the story in my opinion, and that’s just for the Alliance.

Some of these examples include;

Gnomes lost their home at the start of the Game, they are constantly ridiculed (just look at what happened to the gnome during the Alliance war campaign), Mekkatork dead or incapacitated after getting less than half a minute of fame.

Draenei most of their history involves them being tortured killed etc. Look at BC there is a road made of bones of the dead Draenei, and look at wod where at the start you are made to watch as Draenei are repeatedly thrown into a boiling cauldron.

Aside from Cata where everyone got hit, BFA is probably the only time where the Night Elves from darnasus actually received a significant blow lorewise, and they didn’t even lose any major characters aside from delaryn who we never saw in-game or was never that important till bfa.

4 Likes

Do they even help in war? I don’t recall seeing one in the undercity siege cinematic. Or any cinematic for that matter. I can just remember that very first one when she changes in a panther.

they were there as hunters in the bfa cinematic. as well as the bfa alliance vs horde loading screen as hunters as well.

1 Like

Aah cool, thanks.

People won’t ever be happy long as it’s an elf race.

Has nothing to do with what Blizzard does, it’s simply the playerbase elves generally attract.

Never mind that Night elves have tons of lore, cinematic material, more added customizations, an entire themed Warfront and gear to match their aesthetics.

People will complain. How many Gnome players have we seen complaining because of a literal Gnome Holocaust quest? Oh right, we get more complaints because Tyrande defeated Nathanos but didn’t OBLITERATE him.

9 Likes

Nor did she get any smarter after 6 expansions.

Tyrande:"Me letting go of saurfang is the reason why everyone is dead" (how?)

also Tyrande: “Let go of Nathanos, don’t chase after him my husband we will fight again another day”

what a joke of a character

3 Likes

This basically, it’s cause they’re more popular is why everyone notices whenever something bad happens to them.

1 Like

Who cares, all elves are scum, form your own faction and let the rest of the races hate you as well.

It’s called plot armor, which every major Character is plagued with. Don’t let it bother you.

2 Likes

Plot-armor or not let’s be real here, thinking was never Tyrande’s strongpoint.

2 Likes

Hahahaha! You guys got a lot of stuff(Warfront theme, best customizations in game, etc) while other races as Pandaren have yet to even make an appearance or a single dialogue since MoP and still complain?

You can’t even expect an Elf to do something right anyway, Sylvanas couldn’t even get rid of these tree vermin malformed Trolls.

1 Like

Don’t forget the Undead, and the Undercity there was an uproar over sylvanas actions sure, but I don’t recall anyone complaining over the undead losing their home.

Technically everything is the highborne’s fault. And they’re blood elves now.

1 Like