Whats up with AMD now?

I was going to build with a 5900x but they are still out of stock. How can AMD screw up this bad? I’ve had this motherboard now for over a month with no CPU for it… Anyone have any news on when to expect them ? or should I return this board before I can’t ?

The reason is simple. TSMC can’t deliver enough wafer for AMD which cause this shortage. It is TSMC’s fault.

LUL. No seriously I see I can buy 10th Gen i9 intel Unlocked CPUs for around the same cost, I guess Intel doesn’t require their Wafers ?

New 11th gen Intel stuff just around the corner. Wait for more AMD stock or the new Intel stuff.

Because Ryzen is a hot chip and any tech savvy knows you can get more performance with the current gen Ryzens at the moment

Plus tsmc isn’t just making 7nm chips for Ryzen

1 Like

Except they don’t exist. Just a pipe dream !

I don’t know about you, but I was able to get a 5600/5800/5900 and had many opportunities to get more 5600x / 5800x.
The 5900x/5950x are a bit harder to get, but not impossible.

Unless you need the 5900x, why not just go with the other SKUs or even sit on Intel for a bit?

I guess you weren’t in the market when coffee lake first release. This was pre-pandemic and it was pretty hard to get an 8700k for sometime

how little do you know, I am currently running on an INTEL I7 8700K. I thought thought I would get a Ryzen 9 5900x to see what the hype is all about and see how much perf I can get out of the new AAA Titles. I’m not a fanboi of either side , I like to go where the speed is.

I live in a major metropolitan area in Northern California - there are very few chances to get one of these CPUs locally. Almost 100% reliant on online sales, which outside of sitting on a twitch/discord bot you aren’t getting one at MSRP.

I got my 8700k in early December 2017 off Amazon without much trouble. Things were way different compared to today’s demand.

By any chance are you the Streamer Greg Salazar? you seem smart like him :wink:

I got mine a month before that, just before txgiving

I watched him a few times when he was Science Studio, and while I like his content enough, there were a few times I didn’t really approve of some behaviors. I can’t recall specifically, but it was in handling some kind of litigation drama, and it turned me off.

I had a few opportunities to grab the 8700k in November also (came out in late October?) but I was bouncing back and forth between the Ryzen 7 1700 and the 8700k for a long time.

I’m glad I made the decision I did, though.

This was my Last Go with AMD. Feels like ages ago.

https://imgur.com/3le1wix

I’ve got a Ryzen 5 1600 also, which is “fine”, and a bunch of AMD GPUs ranging from RX 570 to 5700 XT. I have no real complaints except for overall jankiness.

Just buy a 3rd gen ryzen, finding the new ones is like a needle in a hay stack. I have completely given up on upgrading this gen and just skipping to zen 4 and maybe a 3080ti or 4xxx card.

AMD has to split its wafers between the new xbox/PS consoles, the new GPU’s and all new CPU sku’s. I doubt AMD will catch up to inventory demand until Q3/Q4.

This is the last Radeon GPU I owned, I think this might of been before AMD took ownership.

https://imgur.com/QgHrTEg

Not interested in paying launch prices for nearly 2 year old products, personally.

Six months ago you could get a Ryzen 5 3600 for $150 and a Ryzen 7 3700x for $259.

Now they’re at or above launch MSRP.

Supply and demand. Since zen 3 is out of stock many places are just building with zen 2+ and thats why we see these prices. Dont expect to see normal stock of zen 3 anytime soon.

Be that as it may, won’t catch me paying those prices :frowning:

I’d sooner buy 10th gen Intel at a discount.

That said…nvidia what is you doin

https://images.anandtech.com/doci/16406/2021-01-12%2018_16_26.jpg

RTX 3060 12gb…more VRAM than 3060ti, 3070, AND 3080 LOL

I have been suggesting this to people who are building new pc’s

Its normal GDDR6 and not GDDR6x like in the 3080 and such. It needs that extra ram since its not as fast as GDDR6x

The 3060 ti and 3070 still use GDDR6 (non-X).

And despite them being more expensive and higher tier cards, they have less VRAM :rofl: