What's to stop boostie boys from just making guilds?

Nice try to try and turn it around on me instead of actually addressing the issue. If you care about what people spend their gold on then you’re the problem. And if you care about them buying a boost, then you are definitely part of the problem. Posting on a non-max level toon to try and not hide anything.

You can see my achievements on this toon. I am no where good enough to be a booster and I clearly throw myself at the content. Which is not something you look like you do.

Edit: you’re definitely trying to hide things.

The last sentence was a joke. I thought the oversized eyes emoji would give it away.

Apparently not.

Sorry for the miscommunication.

And none of this does anything to refute or even just poke holes my idea.

You gotta FIGHT

For your RIGHT

To PAAAARTY (and get paid)

Loot boxes are predatory but not pay to win either. They are pay to gamble.

The WoW token could be just disabled for adding gold in game, but then that gets rid of the reason it was created in the first place. To stop predatory gold selling. So it’s either from the company or someone else.

1 Like

I don’t think it needs to be trivial , they just need to reduce the ilvl gap between difficulties

Yes they do. In a month or so you’ll start seeing this all over again.

Like how other people spend their money/time in game? I agree. All this fixation with whether people are boosting is definitely mentally unhealthy

Maybe not you, but almost every thread about it is due to chat and LFG spam.

Uh nothing. I think the biggest thing to note is the biggest hurdle; cross server sales.

It’s not really a thing anymore… Full and High Pop servers likely won’t be very inconvenienced, they’ll just find a guild to buy their boost from.

That one guy still playing on his low pop server? Who cares about the gold there? Only the boosting communities did.

Spam still gets silenced

Agree that it is difficult to know the advertising frequency bliz is ok with

Once an hour, once every 5 minutes, once per day?

Spam should be silenced and banned

If you have time to spam chats you have time to appeal the decision and get more info

Who cares if your gold carry biz is down for a day or two, if it is that urgent you likely have some shady stuff happening

I’m not sure if you’re being fictitious or not but i’ll bite.
Boosting has been around for a long while. The fact you haven’t heard of it, or heard someone else talk about it is…well it’s interesting. It’s not so much for lvling, it’s more so for gear and Mythic-Mythic+ achievements and even PVP (which is gear related almost 99% of the time).

Normally it’s in trade chat, though I haven’t logged in since things got announced to check anything so I can’t say what all is happening currently. Just got home in fact.

Make sure to stay hydrated, and have a good night.

So you’re fine with RMT links in trade chat and group finder? I was seeing one heck of a lot of those on every busy realm.

The difference is like night and day.

1 Like

As long as token is there, it’s not going to stop. This, or they redesign the game so that harder content stops giving character power, only cosmetics, so less people boost. The pandora box is open.

Intelligence

The difference from before is the cross-server element.

There’s nothing wrong with people on Dalaran making a guild on Dalaran and selling runs to people on Dalaran for gold on Dalaran, and doing them with their characters on Dalaran.

What the new system is designed to prevent is people making a guild on Dalaran and selling runs to people on Dalaran for gold on Dalaran, but doing the run with their characters from Tichondrius.

It’s reverting carries back to a server-by-server system. Advertise on the server, to the people on that server, for gold on that server, and do the run with your characters on that server, and there’s no problem.

It’s not boosting as whole that’s a target, it’s cross realm boosting. Communities pretending to be guilds will be easy for Blizzard to pick out they’ll being trying to ferry money between realms, whereas most real guilds don’t do that.

As long as they keep everything per-server with those advertising being the ones actually providing the carries, it’s kosher. As soon as server lines are crossed, people are getting hired to advertise, or third parties are involved in the transfer of money the banhammer comes out.

We can’t really have non-trivial content because of the reward structure needed for carries to work. Player power progress is broken up into hard walled segments. Every hump you get over trivializes that hump, and that is why carrying works at all. If they decoupled ilvl progress from content difficulty, carrying stops working entirely. 80% of the customers just vaporize into the natural content, and that cosmetic hoarder minority that would want carries can’t get them because there’s no ilvl back hill for carry companies to exploit.

1 Like

For starters, Huokan just closed up shop instead of making guilds.

well, that’s a positive. What is sad is all the CC numbers they collected are in the wild now.

1 Like

Keep reporting them. Get those auto silences out en masse.