Whats the most fun class for a solo player?

Mages if you do AOE grinding and figure it out by yourself without using guides

I have 6 60’s in Classic. Paladin is the simplest of all to level, with virtually no skill-curve. The biggest nub or the most pro Paladin doesn’t really make much difference.

I did go an interesting spec on my paladin though, I went improved retribution aura > spiritual focus(no heal spell pushback) and consecration so I could basically pull 4-5 mobs and tank them to death. It was good when I had a crap weapon at lower levels, but once I got Destiny and put crusader on it, then auto-attacking and seal/judgement periodically was far superior to anything else.

Warrior is pretty terrible to level, but there is a moderate skill-curve mostly because you can die easily if you pull too much, plus once you get sweeping strikes and whirlwind it’s sometimes better to pull 2 mobs than one. Paladin has so many oh-crap buttons it is pretty hard to die.

If we’re ranking characters by its skill-curve impacting leveling efficiency. Paladin, shaman, and hunter would be at the very bottom. Above that would be warrior and rogue. Above that would be priest and mage. And at the top would be warlock and druid. That doesn’t mean these characters are the hardest to level, but if you suck they’ll be a lot harder/slower to level than if you don’t suck. Whereas paladin really doesn’t make much of a difference.

1 Like

playing a MMO to play solo lol

These forums often demonstrate why.

Rogue, hunter, or shaman.

Definitely not Holy Pally.
In retail all my Healers and Tanks leveled super fast because of dungeon grinding.
In Classic it’s all boosts.