Whats the most fun class for a solo player?

I’ve always said I would get at least one class to 60 in classic, but I’m not really finding anything that engaging.

Hunters and warlocks are pretty independent in the open world. Paladins are good also.

I’d pick hunter, the pet gives you a sense of companionship and it has great fantasy tied to it.

10 Likes

I’d say, by far, mages are the most fun class to solo with in WoW Classic, particularly once you’re able to properly AoE and self-boost.

3 Likes

I’m not sure AOE grinding and solo boosting is the experience OP is looking for, it sounds like he wants to quest and play the world as intended. Mage definitely isn’t a bad choice there, but it’s the squishiest class and can be kind of frustrating at the earlier levels before you really develop your talent tree/learn how to play the class.

I think hunter is best for grab and go playing the game through

8 Likes

I had the most fun with my paladin. Questing is slow but steady. Ret > most things.

2 Likes

You may be right! I don’t know how you’d interpret that from the OP, but :woman_shrugging:

I’d argue that Hunter is the worst at lower levels. At least, in my opinion, Hunters before getting pets are no fun at all.

But yeah, if learning mage AoE isn’t isn’t something that the OP thinks is fun, then of course my recommendation wouldn’t be a good choice. I will say that I think that this offers the most unique experience of any class, while leveling though.

I had a lot of fun with my paladin, too! But, I was almost exclusively leveling with a warlock, and it was during phase 2 on a heavily horde-favored server, so there was plenty of PVP involved, and pally/lock is a pretty formidable combination :wink:

1 Like

I enjoyed my druid a lot. The ability to tank (and aoe a bit soloing), cat for dps with stealth, movement speed boost early, then travel form at 30, healing, … for bear/cat my weapon is just a stat stick so as early as level 26-32ish I have a weapon that lasts me into the 50s.

I can grind efficiently, harvest herbs and skin without leaving cat form.

3 Likes

This question is impossible to answer objectively. Just pick your highest character and grind it out.

Warlocks have a lot of nicely exploitable mobs with enslave/banish.

Rogue.

Level Daggers Backstab style, you will be pleased.

I’d say something like a Druid or Shaman would be good for someone struggling to find their niche. Paladin is pretty good also. With any of these you can potentially play three different roles in order to make the game fresh. I know when I was leveling my Shaman I respecced multiple times just to keep things interesting. Going from healer to melee dps to caster dps really helped my stay interested.

lol… ok, ah… NO! level daggers if you want a terrible experience.

1 Like

So many non-binary variables tbh

Do you want to heal, tank, dps, hybrid, or solo farm?
What compromises are you willing to settle for?
Do you want to be the meta?
Are you going to run on a PvP server, or PvE?
Are you going to Raid or PvP?

There’s no end all option, which is half the beauty of classic.
Find something that appeals to you.

At least, strike off the classes you’re absolutely unwilling to play.

Mage is the best choice .

Undoubtedly, it’s either Warrior or Priest.

Sorry. . . those haven’t been mentioned yet.

To be a little more constructive, I agree with Hunter or Warlock. And, you’ll have a top performing class for TBC if it suits your fancy.

Retribution paladins are a fine choice.

Couchy

2 Likes

I guess I am the only person who checked out the OP’s very long history of trolling before answering so I will just leave you with this: The best class in Classic is, obviously, the Nightelf Mowhawk.

1 Like

Nice meme you have there.

Warlock IMO. Loved leveling mine. My first 60 was a warrior, and they suffer until the 30s. Once you get past that though they are reasonably fun to level through WW and SS.

I’ve gotten a Priest, Mage, Rogue, and Paladin to their low 30s . They are ok, but nothing crazy. Mage is just frostbolt spamming or AoE farming. Priest is a few casts and wanding while using spirit tap to reduce/remove downtime. Combat sword rogue is good (especially as human), but also not a lot to it. Ret paladin is just a ton of autoattacking and judging. Probably the worst for engagement, but not bad if you want to be really low key.

I have been working on my hunter and druid a bit. Hunter is 22 and feels good for leveling power, but I wouldn’t say there’s much to them. Druid may get more enjoyable as I level up, he’s only 14 so not much to say there.

1 Like

I agree, hunter will also be great in TBC