Whats the most fun class for a solo player?

I would recommend

Hunter Warlock (pet classes)
Druid Paladin Shaman (self heal hybrids)
Rogue Mage (pure dps)
Warrior Priest (need help to level)

Warlock and warrior have the coolest class quests and lore. Would recommend.

Paladins too if you are alliance. Shaman water quest will make want to throw your monitor out.

2 Likes

Going back to paladin:

You’re not going to find too many things that are too hard to solo (outside of the intended elite quests, of course.) Leveling may not bebas fast as it is for some, but ret has pursuit if justice and your mount at 40 will cost 1g. Curses are the only things tou can’t cleanse. Fighting 2 or 3 mobs melee mobs at a time is quite doable (wear appropriate armor! No leathers…)

Bubble-hearth is a great escape mechanism, too. Especially if you’ve made the last bad pull while questing for the night…

Ret paladins can heal lower dungeons just fine, if you want. Tanking is possible, but I wouldn’t unless you pick up consecration.

1 Like

I’d say Warlock and Rogue have the most going on to pull you in… Hunters are up there as well, but much of the depth on hunters is simply reading out of game resources for pets.

With lock you get a pretty wild variety of pet/playstyle options that touch on most, if not all, kinds of mechanics in the game. Pet management, threat management, crowd control, damage output, direct damage, dot damage, range to target management (spells have up to 6 different ranges to be cast at, depending on talents). You also get some decent lore, and cool flavor quests for pets.

Rogue simply has stealth, vanish, pick pocket, distract, and potentially improved sap… It’s a unique toolkit that some people love, and some don’t. It can be fun gameplay sneaking around and choosing your moments, or sneaking into places for quest objectives… just gives the game a completely different flavor vs most other classes. Mechanically speaking, in vanilla, rogue’s are pretty overrated difficulty wise, however.

Man you’re not kidding, Vanilla paladin is insane. Even when leveling I was killing two to 3 mobs at the same time without any real worry and often the mobs were 1 to 3 levels higher. Legit no worries, it’s a really strong class; it’s especially absurd once ya got judgment of wisdom with seal of command r1, never oom with consecrate and ret aura doing legit work!

I find rogue to extremely nice to be solo, especially on a PvP server.

I am currently running a subt spec rogue while leveling and one shotting clothies is too much fun. The only thing that’s killing my brain cells is a lack of hit, so whenever I miss that opener and I so happen to miss that blind to get out of there, I’m screwed.

On the plus side, you have the advantage of picking or leaving fights whenever you want which is an extremely invaluable thing on a PvP server.

Mage or Lock.

Paladin, go for SoC and 5% crit then wherever you want after that and you can solo just about every quest outside of dungeons.

Your ruining the surprise

Rogues is best
Warlock is second best.

While hunters and mages are powerful solo classes, there not fun to play.

For general fun, druid. Versatile in both solo play as well as groups. Can solo most open-world content, and synergizes well with every other class. Best 5-man tank by far, and gets even better in TBC.

Edit: Warrior is just hitting stuff harder than it hits you then eating. Rogue is similar to warrior except your damage is frontloaded with stealth>ambush/stuns and can kite to regen energy, whereas warriors need rage. Hunter is just afk’ing while your pet + autoattack kills stuff. Warlock has a couple playstyles. DPS pet and draintank, or voidwalker and dot > wand. For priests you pretty much have to wand till about level 30, your dps abilities are largely trash except mind blast + dots until wands start falling off, but shadow leveling is seriously overrated(disc/holy or holy/disc is better all-around imo). Paladin is strong but you’ll need dual-monitor to watch youtube videos while autoattacking stuff to death. Though with Paladin your seal/judgement is every 8-10 seconds, so you’re out of “casting” for a few seconds every cycle, along with blessing of wisdom you can maintain a pretty steady pace. With shaman, I felt like I was constantly OOM because shocks are 5-6 seconds plus lightning shield, and having to drop totems constantly is almost not worth doing. Shaman is about as boring as paladin but even more tedious. Mage must level as frost. They kill quickly because their damage is frontloaded, are relatively safe, can solo pretty much everything, can aoe farm, can make their own food/water, can teleport around the world, strong in 5-mans.

Druids have theoretically the most diverse leveling experience even though most just level full feral. Natural weapons + omen of clarity + improved thorns is better dps than the comparable 14 points in feral. Spec’ing natural shapeshifter + moonglow greatly reduces downtime and allows for more versatile gameplay. And while I wouldn’t advise going full resto for leveling. Sinking 14 points into resto will give you better mana management, and just a better experience. I leveled to 60 and ran dungeons spec’ed 24-5-22. Having moonglow + intensity + natural shapeshifter with a bit of spirit gear allows you to prehot every pull in a dungeon, improved thorns you have insane aoe threat and the healer barely has to heal you.

You may want a few dozen podcasts for this one

I’ve done it twice. '06-'07 and again '19. Both times I thought it was quite fun.

Originally, I fully leveled (this spans TBC through WoD.)

• Paladin
  • Death Knight
  • Warrior
  • Warlock
  • Druid
  • Shaman

That’s the order in which I’d rank my classes as far as fun to level and play.

For some reason, I leveled my druid first. It cool, but the paladin became my main again, and I had more fun leveling him.

I love my rogue for solo play .

Paladin is NOT fun to level in vanilla(but it is easy). And is the most pigeon-holed of all classes in vanilla raids(IE only good for healing). It gets better in TBC, and then much better in WOTLK.

1 Like

Wolk paladins are god mode.

I had a blast bith times. The first time through, I healed. Anyine expecting me to do that this time through can get bent.

Warlock is a great time

Play rogue…

It feels like the whole leveling/itemization/tradeskills aspect was built around rogue abilities (leatherworking, skinning, poisons, etc) more so than any other class.

I’m not saying it’s the easiest to level, just saying I was surprised as to how everything leveling made sense as a rogue. I leveled warrior, hunter, druid, mage & rogue (to 50) and found rogue to be the most complete.

Paladin is as fun as any other class to level, its not like anyone else is hitting more than 1 button over and over again, lol. They also kill things just as fast if not faster than most other classes, just get SoC and keep your weapon upgraded, i’m seeing pallies in their 30s still using verigans fist, you’re probably one of these guys and thinking pallies don’t hit hard, lol.

Ultimately its you that doesn’t like to play a paladin and thats fine.