What's the largest animal you could survive one minute against in combat?

We have an 11 pound puppy and let me tell you, she wins every battle. Those teeth are SHARP.

As a person who grew up on a cattle ranch, zero people with experience will go up against a full grown cow.

1 Like

Meat or dairy cows?

The dairy cows near where I grew up were big softies, even the breeding bulls werenā€™t too bad.

Free ranging meat cows though? Those bulls will let you know that they are only not charging you out of courtesy more than theyā€™re worried about the fence between you and will happily prove it if you take a few steps more towards them.

I mean, they are tame. They arenā€™t fighting you. They are used to being handled. But if a dairy cow thinks youā€™re threatening her calf, sheā€™ll take you out.

The meanest cattle are cows with calves.

Does it count if the animal is already dead?

Once, when my parents were on vacation, my cat killed a rat in our garage.

My brother and sister were grossed out and didnā€™t want to go near the dead rat. I was grossed out but not as much, so I got a big shovel and moved it into a trash bag.

Canā€™t say I have. But whenever Iā€™ve stood next to one, my first thought: Damn this is one big animal!

Having seen what an irritated cow can do to a closed barn door I ainā€™t getting in the way of that.

1 Like

Itā€™s not a literal budget, you should read what I actually said.

Octopus.

I agree. That takes training and equipment that I do not have.

For that matter, Iā€™d wave off on most domesticated animals, too.

Note: weā€™re saying willingly. When you donā€™t have a choice, needs must as the Devil drives.

Blue whale. As a baleen whale, it will swallow me whole, that is all it can do, and I will live for one minute.

ā€¦ did I ā€¦

Look, I can appreciate the next person who has a hidden love for FMA. It seems to be at best an aphorism, ā€œnothingā€™s free!ā€ and at worst insinuating agency over millennia long processes.

The following portion is a funny absurdity and reference to the two wolves trope. Itā€™s not a literal budget nor trade at all. Genetic mutation is rarely quid pro quo.

No one has agency over it. If something sucks, it goes away. Itā€™s really that simple, and is not some hidden topic you canā€™t find through a google search or an educational book.

You keep bringing up two wolves. Iā€™m not interested in your furry fantasy.

Fully grown adult Capybara.

1 Like

Sometimes I have trouble keeping my cat from biting me when he is overstimulated, so Iā€™m going to avoid wild animals.

Mutations are random. If they increase the survivability of a species, they will eventually become universal. If they negatively impact it, they will die out.

1 Like

Yes. I donā€™t recall saying otherwise.

id say something small like a squirrel but i know firsthand for a fact that i am petrified of squirrels with no fear of humans

Bud, you play a Vulpera and provide no support other than ā€œugh, just Google itā€ (which I have and canā€™t locate anything supporting such nonsense there or on Scholar).

Good talkā€¦

I decided to go the LLM route and got this disclaimer:

While resource management is important for individual survival, it does not comprehensively explain the full spectrum of evolutionary outcomes and adaptations observed in nature.

I canā€™t find anything but support to double down saying that referring to anything related to evolution as a directed plan is heuristic at best and misleading at worst.

A mouse.

:mouse:

1 Like

I never said ā€œugh, just Google itā€

I said that the information isnā€™t some nonsense I cooked up.

ncbi.nlm.nih. gov/pmc/articles/PMC430849/

1 Like