Whats the hardest class to max level in your opinion?

people in my guild have been saying warrior because you die a lot early on and its a mighty grind, but i was hoping to get the forums opinion on the matter.

Warrior.

It sucks. Bad.

Even at max level you’re basically useless solo vs. equal level mobs.

4 Likes

Imo a class is only as hard to level as you choose to make it on yourself. I’d probably say warrior is probably the slowest/tedious next to a paladin which is probably the most boring thing you can ever experience.

But even with that, you can bankroll a warrior which completely trivializes the levelling experience, as well as grind green quests and mobs.

1 Like

Warrior. It’s complete garbage for anything other than tanking until 40.

Paladins have a lot of safety nets, even if they aren’t necessarily “fun” to level - they have the heal, they have the bubble. They also have several instants. Other than overpower (which is dodge contingent), almost all warrior DPS abilities prior to 40 are on the auto-attack timer. It’s cancer.

4 Likes

Warriors have 4 major issues with leveling.

1: no effective panic buttons. They have no heals, no shields, no vanish, polymorph, pet, etc. If something goes wrong, it stays wrong until you run far enough or die.
2: Auto attacks only. Aside from execute, warriors dont get any sort of instant strike until 40(slam is worth it if you have a 2h weapon slower than about 2.7 though).
3: you facetank everything. No stunlocks, no burst kills, no range, and kiting is difficult and unrewarding. This means eating every 2 or 3 kills, which is why spirit geared warriors are a thing below about 40.
4: easily the most gear dependent class. Everyone needs gear but warriors, in particular the weapon, live and die by it. This means you have to crawl more dungeons or funnel more money from a main to have nice things. Though many find that trade acceptable or even preferable.

Now, after about 45, things can start looking up because instant dungeon queues happen if you can tank. You can soak up a lot of pre-bis and XP at the same time, and may well have raid geared 60s with you for it.

All classes are easy to level. All you gotta do is play the game.

not true, all you need is sweeping strikes and solo leveling even out in the world is fine, it’s just slow

1 Like

i am new to classic but what are you talking about instant dungen que? i did’t think dungen finder was on classic?

also i to am finding warrior to be the most annoying to level mostly because of rage issues as it is now at low levels you can only use ablities about every other fight haveing to auto attack an entire mob down to have rage for the next is just sad. that is an issue thatwas later fixed with patches. but at current stat sucks. i have put my warrior on back burner for while to farm gold with my hunter to provide gear for him.

So, the best way to level a warrior is to NEVER use Heroic Strike.

It is a huge rage loss, as it spends rage to modify your next attack. That attack does slightly more damage and generates no rage. This is horrible - it’s actually probably better to hamstring and kite while spamming sunder armor at low levels.

Because you don’t have any “get out of jail free” cards - you really need to be very very careful while leveling. If you pull an extra mob - you can basically be assured it is a wipe pre leveling sweeping strikes. Packing a bow and making a solid plan BEFORE you pull is essential.

Once you get Sweeping Strikes - be aware that you can charge in, pop Sweeping, use Bloodrage, and then hit Cleave on two mobs, and it will basically blow all the sweeping strikes stacks instantly. Super useful for a two target burst. After that you should pop berserker rage so that you’re generating extra rage from being hit and from doing damage.

You also really really should consider what weapon route you are going. For Alliance, I recommend going through Westfall ASAP to get an attempt at Smites Hammer, and if you don’t get it, taking the Westfall Staff. Hunting the next weapon can be difficult, but if you can get help with your WW axe, going from it to Bonebiter from SM, into the Gatorbite Axe from Mara, to the Axe from Angerforge is a really really solid path.

I would not recommend going anything but Arms to level either, as the DW miss chance is brutal until you have hit gear.

My suggestion is to go 31/5/15 while leveling.
Rush to get tactical mastery, head for Mortal Strike as your 31 point talent. Five points into Cruelty, and then take Shield Mastery, 1 point into improved shield block, all the points required to get last stand, and it, and 5 points into the armor buff or the stun resist (your choice)

It is the best “blended” path where you can at least scrap it out if you have to.

As far as gear, the helm and pants from SM:arm are really really good till practically cap. The shoulders are okay and can be replaced with the Big Bad Pauldrons from ZF. The armor from RFK from the spider boss is pretty solid, as are the gloves from Uld. Absolutely do the quest to get the Ring from the Stocks.

Another really good chest piece that’s pretty easy to get later is the Mail piece from the coffers / chest of seven in BRD.

Be prepared to make friends and try to live in dungeons. I would much rather try and level by doing just enough to get every dungeon quest in a zone, and then running the dungeon a bunch till you can move to the next one. This ensures you’re basically in the best gear you can have, which is mega mega important for a Warrior - and limited your exposure to the open world where you are basically a Scooby snack to the monsters and other players if you’re on a PvP server.

2 Likes

Why do people lie like this?

Warrior is easy mode after lvl 30 with sweeping strikes.

1 Like

easy mode since 30

Warrior sucks as your first character, but mine was easy to level as an alt. Good food and high level bandages with a blue weapon every few levels makes it go quick.

6 Likes

This is WoW, every class including warrior is easy to hit 60.

I still dont know why anyone refers to warriors as difficult. I guess the average player is trying to solo tank 3 mobs 3 levels higher than him with a white weapon 10 levels too low or something. Maybe once people learn that tanks are in demand, their warriors will suddenly be decked out in blues and greens the entire level up experience because you can just dungeon spam your way to 60 due to never needing to find a tank.
In fact, any class that cant tank dungeons has it harder than warriors solely due to waiting like 2+ hours trying to find a tank in /lfg.
Unironically, priest is harder to level than a warrior. And no i dont equate “frequency of deaths” to have anything to do with “difficulty”. If you seriously are dieing so often, thats a player problem, not a class problem. No, priests are harder because they are SLOW.
Slowness is the hardest thing to overcome. They kill things slowly. They move slowly. Their gear gets upgraded slowly. And you know what happens when you do things slowly? BOREDOM.
Priests are the hardest to level because you are going to find yourself quitting and rerolling. Thats the true difficulty.

2 Likes

Whatever class/spec you enjoy the least to play is the “hardest” to level to 60.

I like how Warriors force you to be aware of your surroundings & more calculating in how you approach pulls/combat solo. You really can’t afford to play sloppy or let your guard down, and that adds an element of danger/unknown to the game-play that isn’t found with most other classes. I imagine that if you prefer face-roll, minimal-effort leveling then a Warrior isn’t a class you probably should be playing. I enjoyed leveling one in Vanilla (& beyond) & I enjoy it in Classic, even though it is a casual side project like my Mage & Warlock. I prefer 1HND/Shield myself, even with a primary cherry-picked Fury leveling spec, & 2 yellows or 1 orange is no problem to solo (no healing potion required!).

2 Likes

Preists are by far not the slowest or hardest to level. If you think a preist kills things slowly play a pally. I have leveled both, and preist has so many more tools to use, mind sothe, shield, fear and it goes on. And their dmg is far better than ret, you can just swp and wand a target to death faster than ret unless they get a few good procs or crits.

To op. warriors are the hardest to lvl if your new to the game or arnt very good or dont want to tank. But if your willing to tank then i would say pally is. Its not hard just so long and boring that you might just not make it.

1 Like

Was rough in phase 2 getting wrecked by pretty much anything other than other warriors pvping while trying to level lol

I think Warrior is the worst overall but for me Rogue wins worst 1-20 by a landslide.

3 Likes

Maybe the better question is which class is the most boring.

Paladin.

Paladin is the most boring to level to max. I’ve made my own fun via going holy and aoe grinding. It wasn’t ideal, but it was way more fun than auto attacking and praying to the proc/crit gods.

1 Like

Paladins are just as easy as a priest. Priest has a wand and paladin has weapon. After the first few seconds, both are going to face tank mobs, but the paladin has armor. Plus, the paladin can tank and heal dungeons so finding random groups are really easy. Not to mention easily out damages priest if they go ret.