What's so unnatural about Order anyways?

Perhaps Aman’thul pulled a fast one on the other members of his pantheon and isn’t like the other members, being actually from the plane of Order and working to convert world souls to his cause. As Chronicle is not only from a perspective, but one we know has been doctored at least some, it is perfectly possible its writers would of either not known the truth or not wished to record it. He is the apparent author of the One True Timeline after all, which does read a bit like “The master plan of Aman’thul to see Order win the big interplanar disco war”

Arcane and Order are not quite the same. Arcane energy is an inherently volatile energy that is closely linked to Order Magic, in that its the normal power source used, but they have decoupled power sources from magic types as of shadowlands. That is how the had Holy Magic Necromancy work for Calia.

No they’re just two different words for the same thing. Just like Light/Holy, Void/Shadow, Fel/Chaos, and Nature/Life all have different words to mean the same thing.

2 Likes

I threw up in my mouth a little on reading that.

1 Like

Yeah but the way Blizzard seems to be framing it is that the Black Empire discovered germ theory or something and the Titans covered it up because it made void not so bad.

I think the driving everyone utterly, irrevocably insane with whispers and visions and magic that can basically blast your body apart and turn you into an unconstituted being like the Ethereals makes Void look bad enough already.

2 Likes

Exactly! And everything we see in the Black Empire, the two quests we are there for at least, are exactly what we were warned of. It’s hell on earth, or rather Shadowlands on Azeroth. And not good Shadowlands (well, not their better zones), but even the Maw looked better.

3 Likes

that’s literally the lore, not sure why you are so pressed about it.

Oh, nothing against you for typing it. I’m just tired of the retcons and how there’s always something bigger behind what you thought was the biggest…

4 Likes

When was Azeroth being a titan retconned lol?

They have not directly reconned it, but they increasingly are dropping larger hints world souls are more something innately elemental which can be converted by the outer cosmic forces to their own team. Which has some interesting implications for the entire titan pantheon.

3 Likes

Are they? In the plains so far and I see nothing suggesting that tbh.

The wellspring that feeds the lifepools needed to be infused because it caused random changes and the titans don’t like random, so they began infusing the wellspring with Order Magic, hence the halls of infusion which sort of subtly mind…influence?.. dragons into being orderly beings along the lines of what team order wants.

If you think about azerite also had erratic properties and was very volatile, which is why it made such a big boom when used in a bomb.

1 Like

Could it be because the primalists/elemental forces were screwing with the pool ( way of making new dragons) ?

it’s been slowly changing over the course of the last three expansions. but there was alwasy room for doubt.

But Shadowlands really solidified it. Azeroth is a Sygyzy.

1 Like

What happened in Shadowlands that solidifed that ? I dont recall anything mentioning Azeroth not being a titan or casting doubt upon it.

Then don’t believe it then, it’s so vauge that I won’t be able to change your mind either way.

1 Like

Actually It was a legit question haha, i missed most of shadowlands after hitting 60 so Im curious about the events that led to that speculation of yours ^^

it’s all abstract concepts though, that’s what Shadowlands was. An abstract glimpse into the nature of the cosmos. I can’t explain it to you because it’s not explicitly stated, but it’s hinted at.

1 Like

Alright, might have to check shadowlands lore videos then and see what I get from them. Ty dude.

you’d have better luck reading the Firim in Exile books found in Zereth Mortis. That would be a good place to start.

Noted, thanks!