What's it like to be smart?

It’s ok.

Sucks when you can’t connect with people well, though.

2 Likes

Think he left twitter for bluesky

Youve got that exactly backwards. Only thr clueless go with confidence. As Socrates said. “The only thing i know is that i dont know.”

The confident are on the left side of the chart with the Dunning-Kruger effect.

2 Likes

Me too; if you find out please let me know.

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

the ultimate truth of everything is scarlet paladin
everything else just falls into place

First of all, the answer is always (in order) night elf, dwarf, pizza and chocolate.

Second of all, that’s not well-adjusted, that arrogant. (And no, the first point is not arrogance, it’s expertise!)

If Arthus or Garrosh or Sylvanas had spent less time being hell bent and more time re-examining their decisions, they wouldn’t be where they are now.

Dunno i just go with the flow

I see that you haven’t met many smart people.

1 Like

To put vaguely, it can be a headache. But the rewards for sophistication are up there…

Just know you have methods of keeping yourself happy.

Being smart is amazing, but losing all of that intellect whenever I need to put down my staff / dagger to eat can be very tiring.

2 Likes

Bro, I’ve been searching for that answer since I was 15 years old and still haven’t found it :dracthyr_cry_animated:

Perhaps one day…

Being smart is not like that.

2 Likes

Me tooo! My memory is bad but I have this one memory from a few years back. My mom dropped me off at the bookstore so she could get her phone fixed. 3 hours later and I’m STILL staring at the same books, trying to decide which one I want :dracthyr_cry_animated:

Why am I like this :dracthyr_lulmao:

Well just talk fast say it more often and then you can be just like all the people that think they are smart.

I have multiple degrees. A lot of letters after my name.

The more I learned, the more I realized the less I knew.

There are legions of people with highly specialized skills and vocabulary. I’m a Jack of all trades and master of none.

:dragon: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean:

Most people usually call that a last name.

4 Likes

Funny lol. But truthfully, I don’t tell people I have them because I’m not boastful.

I just loved school; maybe too much.

:ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :dragon:

I always found school mostly for improving critical thinking skills and to learn something VERY specific. Outside of that, experience in the real world usually seems to trump it.

3 Likes

When shopping, I have a no seed of doubt tolerance.

If I’m not utterly in love with a thing I don’t need (clothes, games, books etc) , I just leave it on the rack. Hell, I’ve had stuff in my cart for 30 minutes and at check out I go and put it back.

This is the wow forums, not a single one of us knows what that’s like

4 Likes